Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting my house up for sale tomorrow I'm in NJ now and looking to buy a house in PA. Anyway does anyone know what is the legal
lift height aloud in PA and how strict are they about inforcing there laws on lifted trucks. (THANKS)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
My bud up in PA, Ian, has a 98 1500 with the fabtech 5 and 3 body with 38 thornbirds, He says he cant drive it without getting pulled over. He has a kenn bell supercharger and about 2 grand in a paintjob the best lookin dodge around, if you want to see it, let me know and i will email you the pic. I hope that answers your question.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
This is a little more specific......

For now, some part of the bumper bar must fall within 16-20 inches for passenger cars (measured from level ground) and 16-30 inches for multi-purpose passenger vehicles and light trucks.
Rules concerning the way vehicles may be lifted or lowered, however, remain in effect per the new regulation: Lowering is allowed provided blocks or spring shackle kits are not employed on the front suspension. Raising remains legal provided spring shackle kits do not exceed 2 inches over original equipment, blocks are not used on front axles, blocks used on rear axles do not exceed 5 inches over original equipment and the difference between the body floor and the top of the rail does not exceed 4 inches.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I'm headin to the Bloomsburg show in PA this summer and someone told me troopers wait outside the gates of the jamboree to pull lifted trucks over. Resident or not!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I hope to see you there in Blooms, should be a good show, ive been S.C. and Lima Ohio the last 2 years Lima is killer, I heard Blooms is better, who cares about an out of state improper equipment ticket, they can kiss my rear, im not gonna move to PA. anyways.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Well I'll keep an eye out for you, mostly the troopers there in PA just want to ticket the out of state trucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts