Featured Pavement Sucks original build up truck

Discussion in 'Dodge 4x4' started by A98Wheeler, Apr 2, 2016.

1. A98Wheeler

A98Wheeler Well-Known Member

Just found this, searching craigslist.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/5503250073.html

Posted: 11 days ago

1997 Dodge Ram Long Travel Rock Crawler-Custom - $7000(santa cruz)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1997 Dodge Ram 1500

VIN: 1B7HF13Y8VJ597229
    condition: good
    cylinders: 8 cylinders
    drive: 4wd
    fuel: gas
    odometer: 189111
    paint color: white
    size: full-size
    title status: clean
    transmission: automatic

Selling my truck and all parts and extras. I am only the second owner and have owned for the past three years. Many of the mods were done by the previous owner who managed a 4x4 forum called Pavement Sucks.com. No expense was spared in this build. When I bought the truck in May of 2014 we took out the motor and I had it rebuilt again along with the heads at Weisner and Cerrato in Fresno, CA. I have put around 8K miles on the motor since. (The beadlocks in the first photo are no longer on the truck)

I have two front doors, extra t-case for internal parts, multiple front and rear axle shafts for spares. Will include parts for a S&W Race Cars 10pt interior rollcage kit (1.75"x0.120" DOM tubing). Lots of other misc, parts to go with the truck. Have two binders and many folders with documentation for installed parts, and manuals.

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Laramie, 4x4 5.2L V8 (rebuilt, see below), automatic (see below), dual lockers, 37" BF Goodrich All Terrains with 80% tread or more, PSC hydro-assist steering, custom suspension, custom flat bed. Custom rock sliders welded to frame.

Suspension:
    Custom 10" suspension: RockKrawler Long Arms, 3" Pro-Comp Spacer, 7" Skyjacker Coils, Skyjacker Extreme Drop pitman, ThurenFab Adjustable Trackbar with new bushings installed, 4" Pro-Comp rear leaf pack (OEM 3" block and no AAL), Custom u-bolt flip, BDS shackle flip, 5* angle 1" offset "zero-rate" New Rancho 31" travel RS9000 adjustable shocks. Trail Gear adjustable limit straps. No sway bars so if the sign says 20mph corner you go 20mph or less. Tracks straight and true. Installed new ball joints in May of 2014. Steering is TIGHT.

Motor mods: (only 8000 miles on new motor): Bored 0.030" over, Keith Black pistons, high flow ported heads, ported kegger intake with 14" runners, 50mm throttle body, 1.6 ratio adjustable roller rockers, Edlebrock pushrod guideplates, hardened push rods, 21# injectors, knock sensor with custom controller, mild cam, edlebrock headers, high flow cat, MagnaFlow muffler, turn-downs right behind muffler, 8.5mm SuperConductor Wires, MSD 6 offroad box, MSD blaster coil, Flex-a-Lite 290 electric fans, Flowkooler water pump, Powermaster 170amp Alternator, custom flash PCM, Dual Batteries, Dual remote oil filter included but not installed. Sounds and runs amazing.

Oil changed regularly with Rotella T6 5-40W. Just installed new cap and rotor.

Steering Mods: ThurenFab crossover steering with 3/4" heims and 1.5"x0.25" DOM tubing, PSC steering box with hydro assist, PSC high flow PS pump, PSC remote reservior, Hayden cooler for power steering.

Drivetrain Mods: Dual Lockers (detroit rear, lock-right front), 4.56 gears, Front and rear diff guards, 4x4Posi-Lok manual cable operated CAD control, Big Caliper Brake upgrade, Stainless braided kevlar reinforced teflon brakelines.

Tranny Mods: TransGo shift kit, PermaCool remote tranny filter/temp gauge, B&M 28,000 GVW Tranny Cooler. New stall converter installed when motor went in.

Misc Upgrades: Spare 37" BF Goodrich All Terrain (not on a wheel), Mopar Tow Hooks, 750W/1500W Power Inverter, Knack Truck Box, custom flat bed. Code alarm with keyless entry and remote start! Interior in good shape. Driver seat has tears on door side. Typical. Installed new JVC stereo with Bluetooth. List goes on and on.

Tags are due as well as a smog. I will take care of this for the new owner. Passed fine two years ago. I expect the same result as I have taken very good care of this truck. Never driven hard. I hate to sell it honestly but need money to start a business.

• do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
    post id: 5503250073

posted: 2016-03-22 11:14am

updated: 2016-03-28 4:20pm

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  2. JasonB

JasonB Administrator

wonder why he is selling it. i have not heard from in a long time. i know he was having issues with the tires and/or wheels but seems he replaced them.

3. A98Wheeler

It says, he's wanting to start a business.

PSAdmin likes this.
  4. PSAdmin

PSAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I wonder what sort of business? Seems like he's not asking enough to do much unless he's selling his other toys as well.

5. A98Wheeler

Agreed.

But, what's sad is there really is no market for these trucks anymore, unless it's a diesel then it's gold. Or any older truck for that matter. I've been used car shopping to replace my totaled 1990 suburban, and older trucks have no value (even well built trucks) and newer trucks are ridiculously high priced. There seems to be no middle ground.

6. JasonB

JasonB Administrator

Maybe its enough to buy into something or put enough in for a small business loan.

Regardless, I hope someone buys it and wheels the crap out of it like it was intended. I miss it and often think about buying it back but its time to go with something different

7. Robert97dodge

Robert97dodge Well-Known Member

Would be a nice rig to own for sure!

8. Edoldschool93

Edoldschool93 Member

I actually purchased it lol

Attached Files:

9. A98Wheeler

Awesome!

What have you done to or with it? What do you want to do to it, and how do you want to use it?

10. Edoldschool93

Edoldschool93 Member

I plan on finishing an exterior cage, truss on the front and rear axle, focal sound system with 4 8" focal subs.
    Plan to replace fuel filter which I believe is the reason it seems to fall on its face when cold now and again.
    Also plan on replacing the lower links for chromoly links. It's a great truck, I've already taken it through two trails that gave my built runner a run for my money.
    Any hints or tips on it?

11. Edoldschool93

Edoldschool93 Member

12. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Well-Known Member

Glad to see it's still kicking around.