Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, this is NOT a one time thing! this is an on going affair. my 96 360 is the most overheating thing i have ever seen. mon the heads are coming off to see if they are warped and/or cracked. the whole cooling system is new: water pump, radiator, fan clutch, thermostats (plural meaning more than one), all the hoses. i mean what gives ? has anyone else had the same problems? i am at a loss. i need help. the next steep is starting new, short block and building up.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Monster,
Is there anyway a pressure test can be achived at different points in the cooling system? (ie - heater hose, radiator opening upper/lower hose connections?) Sounds like if your overheating that much, perhaps there is something considerable blocking the cooling passages. What type, if any, aftermarket add ins have you used? How many miles? When, prior to this episode, was the last time coolant was changed?!
One good rule is to take the radiator cap off when the engine is cool, start it up and allow it to reach normal operating temperature. Can you see the flow, if any, of the coolant where the cap would normally be? This is just from my personal experiences and I hope my shade tree/backyard/didn't finish tech school mechanics outlook can offer some insight! :p:
LUV24BY

P.S - I think 79W150, being a UTI man, could possibly field this better than myself! :):

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
add ons are: jba headers, k&n filter, mopar comp,4.10 gears, trans cooler, shift kit, 35X12.50's. i guess i could preassure test it, but i have no tester. i you can see the coolent flow. also, there is sparkels in the coolent. some type of meatl i guess. you got me. i am going to use the chemical flush and see if that helps. i amm thinking it is a water jacket.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
sparkles dont sound good. there is a testing kit you can try, it uses a chemical that reacts with combustion gases. you stick it where the radiator cap goes and let the engine run. if the chemical turns green, you have leakage. if it stays blue, thats not the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts