Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how many people out there have trucks that actually are lower on one side than the other. I never really thought about it, but that would make a little more sense on why my truck only rubs on the drivers side when flexing and not on the passenger side.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
It could also do that because of your track bar... BUT

Plenty of people have trucks that sag more on one side than the other. I'm surprised nobody has replied to this yet. The driver's side weighs quite a bit more than the passenger side so normally it's the driver's side that sits an inch lower.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I know for us Older Dodges, the driver side sat lower. Dodge said it was because of the gas tank.

There was even a bulletin put out by Chrysler in 1985 I believe, that talked about this. They offered spring spacer plates to raise the driver side a half inch.

I had to use it on my truck.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Yup my driverside is lower in the back. The fuel tank is on that side of the truck. And if you think about the transfer case being towards that side, and some part of the steering(steering column and gear box, battery, it all adds up.

MIke.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
On 2005-05-25 16:21, djgaston wrote:
I'm surprised nobody has replied to this yet.

after 4 years you figure someone would have replied huh? :twak:

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Holy crap! That is an old post. DJ must've been doing some diggin.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
You bored or what, DJ???

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Just making fun of the dumbass newbs. :D:

I don't understand how you can reply to an old a$$ thread by accident. I mean, I guess they come up in a search, then you read all of the replies, then figure you may as well post some stupid comment like "Yeah that looks good." Boy, that sure made the post a whole lot better, I don't know how we ever could've done without that remark! :idiot: :rant::

1 - 9 of 9 Posts