Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
What size spacers? Mine are 2inch and im using stock size Rancho 5ks and everything is fine.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I did the rought country 2inch lift in which they use daystars for the front coil springs. I did that and also took off my front bottom plastic piece which gave me some more front clearance my ride didnt change much but when i put the rancho rs5000's and a set of 31inch pro comp AT's my ride big time improved.
Heres a picture of a stock 2wd chevy and my truck.

notice the front clearance difference

·
Registered
537 Posts
Here's the problem. Everything will work, but you will need longer shocks, the ball joints will wear quickly, you must cut your bump stops off, and if you bottom out, oh crap. This is a major thinker. Do you really need them?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
No you will not need longer shocks. I had longer shocks at first and i kept on getting a clunk when my suspension would flex. I called rancho suspensions and i asked them if i would need longer shocks for a 2wd 2inch leveling kit and he said NO.
Oh and as soon as i put the Ranchos on the clunk disapeared i havnt heard it since.
And im not sure if you will have cut your bump stops off. i had to on mine but theres a guy on here who does a lot of spacer lifts on dodges and other trucks and he never mentioned cutting the bump stops.
If you do end up cutting them off, I have jumped my truck several times landing hard in the front and havnt had any problems.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Read my post again. as i said I did do all that but i didnt need to. The bump stops are questionable i had to remove mine because they where hitting my spindle.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
with the spacers, you have to play it by ear a lot of times. dystar says that longer shocks are not required, but sometimes they are. i didnt need longer shocks, but i could probably benefit from them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the daystar 2 inch spacers with ranchos up front, and the ride is terrible. You definitely feel even the slightest bump in the road. After having them, I wouldnt recommend them. I'm planning on taking out the spacers and putting on a fabtech 3 inch kit, or possibly 3 inch spindles.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
the spacers cant possibly the cause of teh bad ride. its gotta be the shocks. if you think about it, you arent stiffening the suspension or changing it at all, just putting space between the frame and the springs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.