Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
wow, photochop much? nice trailer though. how's it handle with the rear loaded with the wheel so far forward?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Boss said:
wow, photochop much? nice trailer though. how's it handle with the rear loaded with the wheel so far forward?
There is no photochoping. The truck has a second axel if that is what you are talking about.:dunno:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The twin rear axle's are different. Cool thought, looks kind of weirdwith black rims then chrome rims... wouldn't be as bad with just another set of chromies. I'm not going to lie if it was just a straight up normal dually with all of that stuff - I would think its badass lol. But kudos to you for thinking outside the box man.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have two sets of wheels. I put my chrome ones on till the black came in. You are rt. Ft axel is Dana 80. Back is dana 70. But it as real as it gets. Sounds like no way to convence you unless you saw it in person. Sorry

Go to this address: 6x6 Progress pics.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
sorry, I saw this pic

which is still single axle, but looks like the same location as other images where taken.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Boss said:
sorry, I saw this pic

which is still single axle, but looks like the same location as other images where taken.
That was in a VA rest area before 6x6 conversion. All good.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
so when you have some ATVs in the back, how does it ride with the axles so far foward? is the front of the trailer loaded up that much its okay?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Boss said:
so when you have some ATVs in the back, how does it ride with the axles so far foward? is the front of the trailer loaded up that much its okay?
I havent towed it yet sence the conversion. But the back axle has very heavy duty airbags on it. And it is located 2 foot forward from back of frame. Thats not that far.

PS: The trailer has 2 ton of pin weight empty. Then all of the tanks are up frunt. 160 gal of water. 4 30 pound propane bottles. Up to 200 gallon of deisel on bed.

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
Looks cool :bigthumb: Not something I would own, but if ya got the time and money and place to do it, why not.

Makes me wish i still had my toyhauler! What part of VA was that in?

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Securiti69 said:
The Boss said:
I havent towed it yet sence the conversion. But the back axle has very heavy duty airbags on it. And it is located 2 foot forward from back of frame. Thats not that far.

PS: The trailer has 2 ton of pin weight empty. Then all of the tanks are up frunt. 160 gal of water. 4 30 pound propane bottles. Up to 200 gallon of deisel on bed.
thanks. i was referring to the trailer setup, but the info helped. there is enough load at the front end to offset any atv load

·
Registered
241 Posts
Is that a tag axle or driven?

How about some frame and suspension pics.

·
Registered
404 Posts
i was wondering the dame thing and pics of how u set up the dule axles would be cool im intreaged by it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts