Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently i went down to asuza ohv with a few others and the guy at the gate said "no 2wheel drive vehicles unless you have a green sticker" I was like noooo way i drove out here for nuthin.
I know most of you guys are 4x4 so you dont have my problem, but has anyone heard of this? I asked one guy and he said as long as you have that california adventure pass you can get in. but he wasnt totlay sure.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Sounds like B.S. to me!!! Is that park you mentioned state run or private? My 4x4 club has had discussions on the this California adventure pass B.S. in the past. We determined that we didn't need it then.(leagally or otherwise) As I recall (then) one could not stop you from entering a area if you didn't have this thing. They may inquire if you had one, but couldn't stop you from entering!. I'm sorry to say, that I don't know for sure, about it. I'll be doing some looking up though today. That just ain't right!!
Who gives a rats ass if you don't have a stupid sticker? Does this sticker make your vehicle street leagal? I don't stink so! Unless the terrain in this park is such that driving a 2 wheel drive vehicle is not recommended, then what the hell difference is a sticker gonna make!!!!!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Laws and Regulations

Laws and Safety

All vehicles that are operated on public lands must be registered with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The registration fee is $21 per vehicle, and is valid for a two-year period. The OHV fund is used for acquisition of new OHV areas, development and operation of existing OHV areas, enforcement of the rules and regulations, and protection of the natural resources.

DMV will issue a Green or Red Sticker for off-road vehicles. Vehicles that can be operated both on- and off-highway will be given a street-legal license.

OHV Registration Requirements
In order to operate any type of motorized vehicle off-road on public land, you must have one of the following:

Street-Legal License Plate: If you want to operate a 4-wheel drive vehicle or dual-purpose motorcycle on-road and off-road, you must have a street-legal license plate.

The Green Sticker Or Red Sticker: If you are going to operate a motorized vehicle off-road only, you must have either a Green Sticker or a Red Sticker that has been issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles. The Green Sticker allows vehicles to operate on public land all year. The Red Sticker is for motorcycles and ATVs manufactured after January 1, 1997 that do not meet the emission standards established by the California Air Resources Board. If the vehicle has a 3 or a C in the eighth position of the Vehicle Identification Number, then it does not meet the emission standards and should be issued a Red Sticker. The Red Sticker is exactly the same as the Green Sticker except that these vehicles can only be operated during certain times of the year. To find out when you can operate your vehicle, call the specific riding area that you want to visit or you can look it up on our web site at http://www.calohv.ca.gov.

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad-Cab SLT 4X4 SB, 5.2L V8, 5" SkyJacker Stage II Kit, 35/12.50/15 Good~Year MT/R's on 15X8 Weld Racing Sidewinder Wheels, Flowmaster Cat-Back Exhaust System, Custom Audio System.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
This park is a huge mud area, but it wasnt to the point where I needed 4wd. In fact most of our time there, I was in 2wd with a huge rooster tail!!! I told Rawkon he should have said he swapped the new ifs in. haha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts