Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of offset would you need for some 16x10s to work properly with 36x12.5x16's and a 5 inch lift? I dont want a body lift but those are the size tires I want and the lift I want. I did not want 10 inch wide rims but they are required for those tires.

·
Registered
807 Posts
i think about the only offset you can get in a 16X10 rim is 4.5 inches unless you go with welds. but theyre are alot of money. you could probably get buy with 4.5 inches but you would want something more like 3.5 or 3.75 inches so they stick out a little more.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. What I am looking at is a set of Centerline HellCats. They just recently started to make them in a 16x10.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I just found out that the 16x10 wheels I want are only avaliable with a 4.25 back spacing.

There are some Welds that I was looking at that can be had with 3 5/8 or 4 5/8 back spacing.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have 35X12.50X15 mounted on American Racing 15X8" rims. 8" wide rims are the smallest allowed for 12.5" tires. They do cup the tires so you have to fun low (23psi) pressure so they're sit flat. On the highway I go up to 35psi so it rides better.

-Chris

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I am looking at some Swamper TSL Radials in a 36x12.5x16
They recommend a 16x10.. I thought about stuffing them on to a 16x8 but I dont want to have to deal with the tire pressure all the time so it is easier to go with the 16x10 and avoid the cupping.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Bill,

Before I installed my stuff, I was going to go with a 16" wheel. The guys at 4WPPC put together a package for me which consisted of the Skyjacker 5" lift, 16 x 8 589's and 36/12.50/16 Super Swamper TLS Radials. They always recommend this set up for alot of dodges and they dont get any problems. My welds are 15 x 8 with 4.50" of back spacing and my tires are flush with my fenders...well, actually they stick out about an inch or two, which I think it looks really clean. A wheel with 3.50" of back spacing sticks out alot and I dont really like how that looks in my opinion, but many people do like their tires sticking out of their fenders....

·
Registered
807 Posts
it does look kinda goofy with the tires sticking out on some trucks, but if you lift 5 inches or more then it'll look fine. alot of 4X4 shops recommend that the tires stick out on the sides to keep it as stable in the turns as when it was stock. if you go up 5 inches you go out 5 inches.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a 2001 ram 1500 with about 6.5" of lift. My friend let me try a set of AR wheels..15x10's with a 3.50 backspace...they have 35x14.50.mickeys on them....

they stuckout no lie about 6" and thast being kind...no way would i use them, or would they be legal in NJ....If i use 15's instead of 16's.....i guess the correct backspace for both wheels would be around 4.50".....to keep most of the tire inside the wheelwell.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Tunis.......do you think if you had 14.50 mounted on those wheels with the 4.50 backspace it would fit and look ok......figure it would be another inch per side...think it might hit the LCA?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Im not sure about the rubbing with 14.50's ??? I run 12.50 MT/Rs and at full wheel lock, I get no rubbing whatsoever...even with the 4.50" back spacing on my Welds!

Anyone have advise for BigT???

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well i think its more up to the cop who pulls you over..if the tires are covered by
a flare its cool....but i really dont like the tires sticking out real far......personal opionion...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts