Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the trac-bar on the offroad package equipped trucks is longer that the regular 4x4 dodges? It seems like it would have to be to center the axle with the taller factory springs. All of the 2 to 3 inch kits I have seen do not include any means to re-center the axle after the lift. If the trac bar is longer, I would like to have a Moog trac-bar for the offroad installed on my 1998 1500 4x4 when I get it re-aligned after installing a 2-3 inch lift kit lift. Opinions?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Can't help you on the Off road track bar but if you are looking to center your axel I would go with the DT track bar over the Moog!
I haven't herd any spectacular things about it(not to knock it) but a few people have said to me that they liked the DT better then the Moog! The DT is adjustable for stock to 3" and if you ever go higher you can buy the other bracket for 3"-6"
It is also rebuildable and the kit only cost 40 bucks!

Ray

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I would say the "off-road" has the same bar as the regular 4x4 1500, with only 1" or 1.5" of lift the front axle would only be off by a 1/4" to a 1/2"

·
Registered
896 Posts
I agree with Big. Like with Jeeps. The Up Country option includes 1" taller springs on Grand Cherokees, but they use the same track bar as the standard suspension. When I lifted my Jeep 2", I didn't touch the track bars and they were fine. They were off a little, but not enough to effect anything.

I didn't get the adjustable that I have now until I went up to 4.5".

And as far as centering, is it possible to just drill a new mounting hole on the axle side mount for the tb? This is possible on Jeeps, not sure about Dodges.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts