Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a 3" lift on my 2001 Off Road, looks great. I was able retain the stock springs they include longer upper and lower control arms, sway bar drop brackets, track bar relocation kit, three inch spacers for the front springs and two inch blocks or an add a leaf for the rear. Great price, got it for around $500.00 with duel stabilizers. Will have pictures soon. 35x12.50 will fit with no problem. Call Rough Country 1-800-222-7023. (Rough Country 3" kit)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Bubba,

If you put 3 inch spacers in the front and added another 2 inch block to what was already on the back you efectively have a 4 inch lift now..

Let me know how well the tires fit and what size you end up with.

I was looking at a 3 inch total lift not 4 like yours and I was going to get 35-12.5/17s for the stock rims.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heckatorne 8000 Shocks were included, 4 for the lift and 2 for the stabilizer. I plan on keeping my stock rims and going with the 35X12.50R17 BFG M/T KM's however, BFG is not going to release that tire until Oct. 20th. And yes, I also thought that was a great deal. Give them a call at Rough Country (1-800-222-7023).

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Did you do the install yourself?
I did mine and it was a pain in the butt.
i put on the 2 inch roughcountry 2x4 ram 1500 1997 it took me all day. they gave me little to no directions and compressing the front coils springs while fitting in spacer was the biggest problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey to all,hows it going?Bubba I just wanted to let you and the rest of are off roadster Ram pals that I ended up getting the Pro Comp A/T 33x12.5x17 for the my factory wheels.(Remember we both agreed,and said we liked the factory rims).Before I actually ordered them, the guy that I was speaking to (Carlos) from 4-wheel parts,told me that they had a bunch of 35x 12.5x17 M/T only in stock.He said that because I told him I originally did want the 35" A/T,but said that I obviously could'nt,cause they did't make them yet.He asked me, "who told me that",and I said everyone did.He said thats entirely wrong,that he has a bunch of 35 x 12.5 x 17 M/T in stock.Of course,that was as of 2wks. ago.He said the 35" in the A/T were going to be available the second or third week of Oct.I could not believe him,cause I have literally been calling Pro comp/Explorer direct once a week and they had been saying there 35" A/T or M/T were not available at all yet.Just goes to show you that you can never do too much researching.Can you believe they don't know that there own product is actually available?Now I put the leveler 2" spacers in the front of my off road,and it still sits up 1/2" higher in back.The reason I did this was so I could possibly fit the 35" when they became available,(not knowing yet they were)if I decided to go with them.At least I have the option at this point.The reason I went with the 33"s is because this Carlos that I spoke to also has an off roadster too.He said hes got the 33"s on his,and he said he loves them.He told me in his opinion that the 35"M/T would probably be pushing it,even with the 2" spacers.So between that,the gas mileage hit,and power loss towing up hills with the quads on the back,and the 50K m.warr. on the A/T compared to no mile. warr. on the M/T that pretty much made my mind up not to opt. for the 35's.I'm averageing around 14 MPG.and don't really want to make it to much worse.I know some people travel even farther,but my ride to work is 60 miles both ways,so I figured I better keep it sort of practical.Also too,4 wheel parts(Carlos) was a great guy to talk to,and will beat any reasonable offer,you throw at them.I highly reccom. him to all of you.I'd like to see a few pics.of my 01 Offroad/Police Intercepter Ram with everyone else's some time so I'll see if I can post some up soon.Just got the digital camera,and really don't know what the hell I'm doing with it yet.Anyway,I'm pretty well sick of typeing and you guys are probably sick of listening to me so I'll talk to you later.Hope I gave some type of usefull info. to someone.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the late response. I've been out of the Country for a bit. I have a friend that owns his own shop so I had him install it. About the tires I'm going to get BFG's 35x12.5R17 M/T km. As soon they offer them in my area.

·
Registered
969 Posts
So does a lift for a regular half ton Dodge fit an off roadster? I thought the off roadster already had a factory 2" suspension lift.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Outlaw Ram,

Any of the kits that are made for the 00 and 01 Ram 1500 will work on the Off Road. The Off Road is only a one inch lift and another in in tires. I know it looks like more but it really isnt.
So if you install a 3 inch lift you will only gain 2 inches over what you have now. A 5 will really be an extra 4.

Bill

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's not the case with my lift. If you retain the stock O/R springs you will have 4 to 4.5" of lift up front. Rough Country's 3" lift worked great on my offroad. Will have some pictures as soon as I get some tires (35x12.50).

·
Registered
807 Posts
it depends what kind of lift you put on for the off-road. if the kit has new coils then it will be 1 inch shorter than what the lift says, but if you keep the stock coils then it will be whatever the lift is supossed to be over stock. because the offroad has one inch taller coils from the factory.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts