Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have info on what the specs are for the off road package? I was told by SkyJacker that it is one in taller in suspension and one inch taller in tires but when I called Dodge to try and get any info on this they told me that they do not publish the specs. Not even the ground clearance or vehical height.

thanks.

·
Registered
807 Posts
i have a 2001 off-road and i've also been told it has a 1 inch suspension lift and 1 inch bigger tires giving. that gives it a 1 1/2 inch height advantage over a regular 1500. the ground clearence on mine is 18 inches at the front bumper and 9 inches at the front diff. 33's should also fit under it with no problem, but you'll need at least a 16 inch wheel to clear the twin-piston calipers on the off-road's brakes.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I think that then it is time for tires I may get the ProComp 33/12.50-17's if I dont get a lift before then. I may get the MT's The AT's dont look very agressive.

So I take it that the front brakes are larger as well? What other differences are there that Dodge didnt tell anyone about? From a couple of the reviews I read in the last few days I guess the suspension is good and has an 11 inch travel or something like that.

·
Registered
807 Posts
i was referring the the front brakes, 15's will fit on the back no problem, its the front brakes where you'll need larger wheels to clear.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The Off-Road package includes:

17" wheels
STIFF front springs (~1-2" lift)
Trussed front Dana 44 axle
"Heavy-Duty" shocks
RWAL delete
Gas Tank Skid Plate

All 2000+ 1500s come with dual-piston front calipers. MUCH better than the earlier ones.

You should be able to fit the stock sized 17" wheels/tires on a stock non-Off-road ram. They're not that much larger than the 265/75s that are stock.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Oh and don't forget, they come with a special sticker on the tailgate and 4.10 gears.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :silly:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
On 2001-09-02 23:35, canyonero02 wrote:
i was referring the the front brakes, 15's will fit on the back no problem, its the front brakes where you'll need larger wheels to clear.
It depends what type of wheels you use. I have 15x8 classic II's on mine. They are close to the calipers but they DO fit.
EDIT: Danny.....I just noticed that you must have been digging WAY deep to pull this thread back up to life
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Has anyone noticed that this post is over 2 1/2 years old???

:poke:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
On 2004-05-26 17:28, Big Blue Ram wrote:
Has anyone noticed that this post is over 2 1/2 years old???

:poke:
Yeah I did right after I posted. DJ must have been bored. :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I think it may be in response to the air intake thread on this page to. It's about 2 1/2 years old also.

Maybe we're seeing who can find the oldest thread and revive it.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
[img=333x500]http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/misc11.jpg[/img]

:rotfl:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Damn that had to hurt :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :kicknuts:

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
:rotfl: Yeah I thought it was so funny that one joker pulled the 3 year old thread up that I just had to get one of the oldest ones on here. So I went to page 264, found one about an Offroad and replied. LMFAO!! :rotfl:

Then crazeejay actually replies to it!!!! LMFAO!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
On 2004-05-26 18:24, djgaston wrote:
:rotfl: Yeah I thought it was so funny that one joker pulled the 3 year old thread up that I just had to get one of the oldest ones on here. So I went to page 264, found one about an Offroad and replied. LMFAO!! :rotfl:

Then crazeejay actually replies to it!!!! LMFAO!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:
But at least I noticed right after I posted. The edit proves it :flipoff: I'll get even with ya DJ :naughty:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts