Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will offroad coils and 2 inch daystars provide the same amount of lift? How about the 24/23 spring combination? I think this combination came on snowplow package trucks. I have the 21/20 front spring combination. My truck now has 16x8 AR bajas and 285/75/16 BFG AT KOs. I am not rubbing the control arms anymore but on some left hand turns the driver's side front tire rubs the plastic inner-fender liner. The rubbing does not seem like a big deal but I would like to correct it. My truck has 74,000 mile and a leer cap which probably leveled it out a little already. I have tossed these options around along with a add-a-leaf for a cheap, mild lift for my 33 inch tires. What does everyone think?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Go with the Daystars. The Off Road Springs are not all the same the factory spec for the off road was anywhere for 3/4 to 1 3/4 inch over the standard 1500.
Another option may be a set of 2500 front springs.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I believe the 24/23 coil springs you were talking about are 3/4 tons springs if they are than they will allow you to run 33's without rubbing, but I think your best bet is to call roucky mountain susp. last I saw they were selling the Skyjacker 2.5" or 3" coils for $119.00 plus shipping and had add-a-leafs for $50. Those 24/23 coils maybe a little rougher than you want.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just bought some 3 inch skyjacker coils from summit racing for 136(shipping and tax included) I also got some rancho 5000 shocks for a 3 inch lift both the springs and front shocks ran me 212 bucks. I ordered my add a leaf from truckperformance.com they were only 40 somthing dollars and had free shipping at the time. just hope my coils arrive by spring break so I can get everything put on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts