Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this friend with a 01' dodge off-road. He just got a 3" skyjacker suspenion lift on it. Im thinkin about buying his original off-road coil springs. How much lift in the front will these give me. Oh by the way is there anyone with coil springs off a 2500 for sale.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
A new set of skyjacker coils are cheap, you want to know how cheap? I just called 4 wheel parts, 3" for a 1500 133.95pair, for the 5" 138.95pair. plus 7 or 8 bucks for shipping.

·
Registered
140 Posts
On 2002-02-12 17:10, dodge_mudder wrote:
I got this friend with a 01' dodge off-road. He just got a 3" skyjacker suspenion lift on it. Im thinkin about buying his original off-road coil springs. How much lift in the front will these give me. Oh by the way is there anyone with coil springs off a 2500 for sale.
They lifted my truck 1 3/4"

·
Registered
502 Posts
Im about a month or so I should have a set of brand new 2500 coils and rear springs off my turbo diesel since I am getting it lifted as soon as I get it.

·
Registered
807 Posts
the orr-road springs will give you only 1 inch of lift, unless your old springs are worn then you might get a little more. they can be put on without changing anything else but if you go with the skyjacker coils youll have to buy alot of other parts as well too make it work. if you dont youll run into to too many problems. i wouldnt recommend lifting more than 2 inches without going with a full lift kit.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Why not just put the Tuff Country 2" leveling kit on the front. It is meant to raise the front to be level with the back.
Here is the link to their page

http://www.tuffcountry.com/dodlev.htm

or has anyone heard any bad things about this kit? It is only about $130 without shocks and just goes on top of the coils.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nice thing about the Off-Road coils is that they give you a heavier weight rating up front. Uncompresseed, they're actually the same height as stock coils. The lift comes from the fact that they just don't compress as easily.

I used 'em to help hold up my winch & mount. Otherwise, I would've gone with a kit.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I lifted the front end of mine with Daystar coil spacers, and that seemed to do the job, although the truck rides really, really stiff. Like a semi.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Not true, by adding the spacers many things have changed, especially the geometry of the 4 link arms, but also the larger tires(rougher) and stiffer rear susp with a new leaf in the pack. The greater the angle on the 4 links the more stiffer the ride will get.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts