Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
people are always asking if the off-road has a lift in the rear as well as the 1 inch in the front. my off-road has 4 leafs in the rear and most stock ram 4X4's ive looked at only have 3 leafs. how many leafs did all your rams have when stock?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
The Off-Road Package is taller than non Off-Road Rams. The springs in front are about 1 1/2" taller and an extra leaf in the rear. The tires on the Off-Road also add another 1/2", so there's a total of about 2" over stock. I've seen people add a 3" lift kit(spacers and add-a-leaf)in addition to the Off-Road Pkg and run 315/75/16 (equiv: 35/12.50/16)...

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Stock Dodges with the Towing package have the same number of leaves as an Offroad package, 4 + an overload spring, which equals 5 altogether. I have an add a leaf in the rear for my 5" kit, which makes it a total of 6 leaves. Trucks without the tow package just have 3 to my knowledge and no overload spring. The Offroads only get that extra leaf, unless you have the Tow package, then it doesn't get any at all, as it is already as high as it needs to be.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the ones ive seen had 3 leafs plus the overload spring.

and the offroads have 1 inch taller coils, not 1 1/2 inches. the 1/2 inch comes from the 1 inch taller tires so it has 1 1/2 inches more height. i just wasnt sure how the 1 inch lift was obtained. thought it was just a taller block.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I do know that the 2500/3500 Rams come with a taller block in the rear, that might be the case with the off roadster. My 1/2 ton Ram came with 4 leaf springs, and a 3" block. The off roadsters have 2 extra inches I think from an add a leaf and taller block.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so if the tow package has an extra leaf in the rear wouldnt that mean that tow package equiped rams are taller in the rear.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yeah thats what I thought, a 4" block in the 3/4 tons. They are tall trucks considering they come from the factory like that.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I think the rear factory block is actually 5.5" under 4 main leafs and 2 more overload leafs.

·
Registered
969 Posts
The Diesels I think have a small block between the leaf springs in the middle of the pack.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
they put it there to space between the main and the overload springs. otherwise the springs would bind together on heavy loads.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Rambrdr, they all do, or else if there was no spacer the truck would ride like a tank with all the leafs together, so the 2 overload leafs on top of the spacer are never used until there is enough load on the truck to make the springs squat onto the perches that are on the frame rails. Get with it, join the club man.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts