Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

2007 24ft Gooseneck. 14k axles! Its gonna work good for what I want to do, but I'm having problems and I dont know if its my truck, the trailer or me not ever pulling a goose before.

Pulled it home yesterday in bumper to bumper traffic. between 20-30mph I'd get a harsh bounce out of the rear end. so I get home and look things over and the only thing I could figure was the overloads were close to hitting and causing a funny rebound. So this morning I loaded the jeep up and took it for a ride, 90% of the bounce is gone and its about .5" off the overloads, so I figure its ok. Get home and unload the Jeep and start looking at the trailer from back to front and notices its got a nice lean towards the passenger side. Crawl under it, find no issues with the springs or axles, and I measure things. Get to the front and find the passenger side is 2" lower at the front corner of the deck. Do they make trailers with a twist to them or is the trailer bent? Sitting in the truck looking out the back window you can see the gooseneck part leaning towards the passenger side. I'm gonna call the dealer I bought it from and get his input monday.

Whats your thoughts?
Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
491 Posts
Sure you had it locked on the ball?

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that shouldnt have anything to do with it.

Rick

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
Hmm sounds like it could be a warped trailer. Did they balance the tires on it? That could cause a little problem, and the weight of the jeep minimized it somewhat.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No weights on the tires and they are radials.

after talking to a guy who builds them, the twist shouldnt cause a hopping issue, only a tracking issue. And there isnt a tracking problem.

I removed my traction bars, which 2 of the 4 joints were woren out, and I replace my factory orginal rear shocks with the heaviest set I could find local.

I'll give her a whirl tomorrow.

Rick

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
You can measure off goose neck to the trailer corners to see if that frame is square.
If that is OK then..
A broken king pin, or a missing bushing on a leaf, or a bad leaf can cause that. So I'd check the axels are lined up and measure from each axel center to the trailer rail on all 6 points to look for the issue.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
sounds like you need a hand measuring some stuff rick ..... i got some stuff i want to do today but i could come down later and help if you need it

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Tim, I've got a birthday party to go to this afternoon so I'm not going to dig into that yet.

I did measure yesterday bed height at the stake pockets from front to back. The increase of lean starts in the first 4' off the neck. but I cant see a twist or tweak.

The axles and leafs are all in perfect shape, measured the distance of the axle to to the frame and they are all fine.

Rick

·
Registered
281 Posts
A bit off topic, but did you sell your old trailer yet? I have some wheels turning in my head...

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
hahahahahahah yeah he sold it .... you should have bought it he sold it for a good price

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah you couldnt find a trailer for the price I let it go for.....

Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts