·
Registered
334 Posts
I just looked on cheeper than online they have some

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I think I messed my ear up shooting Saturday. I had ear protection on most of the time. But not while other people were shooting and I must of underestimated how loud it was. My left ear has been ringing since. It has almost been 2 days. Is this something that will go away? Anyone ever experience this? How long does it last? Should I be concerned?

This is the first time I have ever experienced a ringing in my ear from loud noise. I shot yesterday but wore double ear protection from the time we started to the time we stopped. I could barely hear the 50 going off. I had the foam ear bud protection with the big headphone ear muff looking ones over that. Could barely hear anything at all. Didn't want to make the ringing any worse. I will never be anywhere near anyone else shooting unless I have ear protection in. I just want to know if anyone has had this problem and if I should be concerned?

Thanks

-crow

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
if it lasts another day or two I would call your doctor and ask.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
I drove an airboat once without muff's and the ringing lasted 3 days. It didn't seem loud at the time. The ringing was less each day. They tested my hearing the other day on my phyical and passed perfect so my hearing is fine. I won't do that again.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I've been reading it can last a few days. Sometimes longer. The woman was talking to her Dad today about me and he said he went shooting once at an indoor range with just ear buds and had a ringing in his ears for almost 2 weeks afterwards. However it all cleared up eventually.

-crow

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
nice. i have one on my 1911, but may go back to a slimmer grip as I am trying to improve my shooting method

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
The Boss said:
nice. i have one on my 1911, but may go back to a slimmer grip as I am trying to improve my shooting method
It says right on the package for these rubber finger grips that your aim is suppose to improve.

Tango said:
Can you get that threaded for a suppressor?
I've never seen one on a Desert Eagle. I would never want to suppress it. The whole point of owning a Deser Eagle is to be big and loud. They do sell muzzle brakes that attach at the end of the barrel to cut down on recoil some but it will make the gun louder.

-crow

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Tango said:
you mean cut down on recoil... right?
Yeah, I'm dumb. Sometime when you're typing fast with too many idea's running around in your head you don't even realize what you are saying. Yeah the muzzle break is just for reduced recoil because it directs some of the gasses up. Muzzle brakes would actually make the gun louder and do the exact opposite of what a suppressor would do.

-crow

21 - 32 of 32 Posts