Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a set of 285/75/16 destination mud terrains on my truck from work....on stock wheels, went and tested them out off road and im pretty happy with what they did.....but when i brake, my front end drops down and if im trying to turn while the front is down it rubs on the lower arm. now the question....a wheel with more backspacing would fix this probally, but would swapping to offroad coils help me out at all? cuz there are some on ebay for cheap and money is tight after upgrades. its not hurting anything, its just annoying.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
On 2005-11-23 21:53, mudah0lic wrote:
just got a set of 285/75/16 destination mud terrains on my truck from work....on stock wheels, went and tested them out off road and im pretty happy with what they did.....but when i brake, my front end drops down and if im trying to turn while the front is down it rubs on the lower arm. now the question....a wheel with more backspacing would fix this probally, but would swapping to offroad coils help me out at all? cuz there are some on ebay for cheap and money is tight after upgrades. its not hurting anything, its just annoying.

coild will help nothing as far as control arm rubbing is concerned, but if you want 2" of lift, go for it. wheels with more backspacing will make the problem worse, you would be looking for wheels with less backspacing. but once you get wheels with less backspacing you may end up rubbing your fenders instead of your control arms

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so if i do the coils...and the wheels with less backspacing....it shouldnt rub while brakine and turning?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts