Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the sharing mood, so i thought i throw this out. I bought a project jeep a few days ago for a steal. Its a '67 CJ5, with a new crate motor and fiberglass body, brand new 31" bfg's and it even runs good! But besides that, its bare, no interior, seats, lights, anything.

I cant wait to get started working on it. Any suggestions are welcomed.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Well, first, get some seats. That could help. Then get some lights. Oh, and then get a stereo :): Just kidding. Get what you want man. This is the joy of rebuilding something. You do what you want. Not what someone else wants.

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
Sounds like fun... just to be able to take something from next to bare. My buddy up the street bought a '95 5.0 Mustang for $200 - engine ran perfect, body was clean, and had new wheels, but the interior was completely gone. It's nice to be able to do all the little things like setting your seat tracks as far back as you want [pending height...] As well as getting to use the toughest materials for your flooring and seating.

Good luck with whatever you do, and please - take pictures along the way!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to mention this is the first jeep ive ever owned.

Im not sure what the motor is, the man i bought it from, it was his grandfather's who passed away, and he knows nothing about it. How would i tell what it is?

Since the inside is just bare fiberglass, i was thinking about getting a thin, like 1/8" spray lining put inside. What does everyone think about that? I'm definitely going to paint it though, its bright, obnoxious yellow. Maybe dark blue or something...

damn, i can hardly sleep at night thinking about what im going to do to it!

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Getting the interior body panels Rhino Lined or similar is cool. Just be usre to prep it really well to get rid of any existing rust

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No rust, its a brand new yellow(uuggh!)fiberglass body. ill try to send some pics but its hard without a digital camera. i guess ill just go buy a disposable.

I have some seats, from Bestop i think, theyr really short, only like come up to the bottom of my shoulderblades.
I fit the drivers side in, and d$%m its tight! i can hardly squeeze behind the wheel. definitely need to do some custom work with those, but the gas tank is right under the seat. anyone know how and where i can move it so its protected?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would deffinatly put a bed liner in your Jeep, but dont make the mistake I did: go with a thick polurethane based liner that goes on thick and stays fairly soft (like Ziebarts) its more expensive but well worth it! I went with a place that was cheaper and got what I paid for, it is thin and hard so when things hit the floor the lining cracks off. As for your gas tank are you gonna have a backseat? If so you could put the tank between the rear frame rails. If the stock tank doesnt fit correctly get a fuel cell.

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
My buddy just got a 1970 Jeep CJ5 that his father restored, but the kid already owns another car, and is looking to sell it for around $4,000... In good condition except for some slight rust around rear bumper... Figured I'd mention that if you're looking for seats that'd fit and all that great stuff..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts