Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I had the money I would get one of those new Power Wagons Dodge is coming out. Do any of y'all know if it will live up to the previous Power Wagon, because I have driven a power wagon off-road and it is amazing besides the fact that the inline 6 has no power. What do y'all think?

·
Registered
63 Posts
did they say for sure it was going into production? the one I saw was a concept truck. I saw it on the t.v show TRUCKS and it did sound awesome if they do start production I am sure they will be more than I can afford

·
Registered
464 Posts
They can't come out with a new power wagon... atleast not till I get mine registered in AZ as historic! lol...

Yeah they are gonna bring it back from what I've heard... I think 2003 will be its debut. Tho about being like the old power wagons I don't think they'll be that strong. The old ones had cast iron transmissions, chain driven transfer cases, and built very solidly.

Wouldn't it be nice to see a modern truck built as "sturdy" as the older ones used to be?

-Chris

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
It would be nice but that will never happen. How else can they make warrenty money off you.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
The old power wagons had 727 torqueflites right? cus those are aluminum cased trannies. i have 2 sitting in my shop. they are tough trannies though. dodge used to advertise someone with their foot on the floor, shifting from 1st to rev and back and forth burning the tires. i am not old enough to remember but i have heard about it so much.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Haven't heard anything about the Power Wagon concept, lately, but they have been showing this fugly monstrosity off...

<!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://www.4adodge.com/autoshow/news_events/m80/" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End -->

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Heres a link that gives you some good pictures and a little bit of info on the new powerwagon. http://dodgeram.org/rides/power_wagon/concept.htm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts