Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well folks, i had to do it. i decapitated the monster last night, and the findings were a pair of cracked heads. between the 1st and last valves on the driver side, and inbetween the valves on the 1st cylinder on the passanger side. to anyone who is currious, i will post the results of the new 1.92 R/T heads. i have not chosen a cam or intake that will follow down the road, but i am looking at the huges site very carefully.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Are they the aluminum heads? Or the cast iron? Let me know, I am looking for some more horsies, and I have considered these.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the R/T heads are cast iron. they flow better than the aluminam heads and cost less, so that is the way i went. they offer 2 intakes, one with 2.02 and the 1.92 valves. both have the 1.65 exhaust ( i think) i oppted for the smaller to keep the low end tourqe. i will let you know the final test.

on the driver side both front and back pistons cracked. on the passanger side i think it cracked in the back, but i am not sure.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have been driving the R/T's around for about a week now and they preform real well. i gained a very noticable amount of power, but 3/8 of my heads were cracked. i am very pleased with the heads. i have the 1.92 intake and 1.625 exahust so the low end sacrifice was not that noticable. the bigger valve 2.02 intake will take away some low end. i am not telling anyone to go swapin' away, but i am satisfied with them. when i get another cam i am also going with the 1.60 aluminum rollar rockers. if anyone knows of a good rv cam for the magnum let me know. the first R/T is the best tht i have found so far.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
hey BigGreenMonster, i emailed hughes engines (out of washington, il)on what cam would be good for my truck. they recommended their HER0814al

here is the link for the specs.

http://www.hughesengines.com/www/hughesengines/cams/magnumlist.asp

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
What's the changes between the 1.92 R/T heads and the stock? Different compression ratios, port sizes?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i am pretty sure the valve sizes are the same as stock, but the R/T heads flow much better. they actully flow better than the aluminim heads. i am not sure aout the compression ratio.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
i wish i had the cash right now for a set, kollerparts.com is listing these on sale for $631 a set + shipping.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
631 for what heads? the R/T's? if so they are the bare ones. i got the assembeled ones cuz i could. the 2.02 heads only come bare. check on hugehs site linked above.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts