Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know the difficulty level of installing new gears in my Dodge. I am thinking an air or one of those new electonic lockers in the rear(Dana 70)and a limited slip in the front(Dana 60). Will this be a bad idea, should I leave it to a pro or take the chance of doing it myself.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Leave it for a professional.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Yeah ARB lockers are very hard to install if you don't do it right you will blow the o-ring in em and you will have a $700 open differential.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I guess if you have never done it before and got the money to take that chance, why not? whe worst case is you have to replace your whole rear end! I didnt want and couldnt take that chance so I left it to the pros!!!

Ray

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Ya know, for some reason I have no problem considering rebuilding my motor this summer by myself (except machining if needed) but I can not get myself to try to install an R&P with or without a traction aid.

Go figure....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys. I will probably let someone else do it. I just don't know of anyone around that will do it. I know it isn't to hard to do a 1/2 ton rear, but I don't like the idea of messing with shims and trying to get it perfect the first time if you know what I mean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts