Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a first time Dodge owner. ( My family is dis-owning me, They say I've went over to the dark side lol)
I have a 2000 Dakota 4.7 liter,4x4 CC.
I'm interested in the easiest performance upgrades. I'm doing the exhaust today after work, and the K&N filter, but what else?? Any ideas??
Thank you in advance

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
Hey man im glad to see someone else has a Dakota on here besides me. Well I hvae put many mods on my truck and it is all worth it. I first started with the outside of the truck and worked my way inside. I am still not finished but with my budget I wont be doing any more for a while. But let me know what you wanna do and maybe i can help you out. Ive done plenty of mods under the hood and about every where else. So any more questions let me know.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Lets see, if you're not worried about mud, take the K&N filter back and get teh GenII intake kit.

Then order the Mopar performance compter.

You've just gained about 20-30hp, maybe more. You'll just have to run premium with the MPC installed.

BUT you'll move, and move fast!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've read a lot about this mopar performance computer, does it void your warranty? I'm a little concerned about mud so was going to steer away from an open air filter. Wondering about a shaker hood? Anyone know where to view some at?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Well I dont believe that a computer that Dodge produces for their own line could void their warranty and besides if you modify something true they no longer have to cover that particular part but they still have to cover every thing else and I do mean everything. For example if you add a blower of course they wont warranty the blower but if your motor blows its their burden of proof if they say they they won't warranty the motor because of the blower. They have to prove, themselves, that the blower caused it. Not alot of people know it works like that, its actually a law, one of these blower companies web site has a link to the government site that states this law, alot of folks just give in because they think that the dealer is correct but they are not. Second, the shaker hoods kick ass 360 degrees, on the show truck they put one on a Durango, it looked pretty good, not as good as it looked on the cars they originally came on but good none the less. I have just a regular K&N drop in filter and I would say it works fine. Maybe not as well as a total replacement system but I really dont think you can actually feel 8 horsepower at least I never have, maybe quicker throttle respose but not a gain so small in HP, maybe if it were like 100 HP. Youll be fine with just a drop in K&N but the shaker would be sweet, look it up on the net and maybe you can find a site to view them on if not check
http://www.truckstv.com/
I think thats the web address for the TV show, like I said they put one on.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey guys I was doing a liitle reading and I thought I could help. Check out the AIRAID intake system, I had the GENII in for a while, then just messing round down at the local shop we put the airaid on HOLY COW it was the first item I truly noticed the power.
Just days after that I put the Helix Power Tower on and gained at least 15 -20 more noticeble horses, people tell that I am B.S.
them until I whoop some ass on the Ave that weekend. Last but not least I got the new exhaust. 3" straight pipe from the cat -back
that splits to 2 tailpipes. Quite possibly the loudest truck in town, but the cops are also really chill down here. I hope I was some help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts