Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to install a body lift on a 98 ford 1/2 ton. I work with the guy and told him I would do it. Anyone have any suggestions or tips?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Plan on having to modify the shift linkage, the brake lines from the MC, and possibly cutting the firewall around the steering shaft, relocating the fan shroud, and problems with wiring frome the body to the frame. In other words all the typical body lift issues.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yeah and then plan on him only being able to fit 32's. 3" of lift on that body style doesnt help much.

·
Registered
27 Posts
3" of body lift on a '98 Ford is enought ot fit 35's and it can be done pretty easily. I have 35x13.5's on mine. Yes I did do some minor trimming. and 33's will fit stock with no trimming.

·
Registered
27 Posts
oh and the kit comes with a steering column extension so no cutting the firewall. The kits also came with the neccessary extension for the ground wires and the bumper relocation brackets. Overall it was pretty simple.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Well, with cutting sheetmetal any tire size is possible, I could run 44's with 4" of lift and a sawzall. I thought we were talking about clearing them so they didnt run the body.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I never cut any sheet metal on that truck. The only cutting was some of the plastic off the bottom of the fender well liner. and the valance under the front bumper.

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
On 2002-03-08 14:57, big pa s wrote:
3" of body lift on a '98 Ford is enought ot fit 35's and it can be done pretty easily. I have 35x13.5's on mine. Yes I did do some minor trimming. and 33's will fit stock with no trimming.

HAHHAHAHHAHA

Oh wait, is this a f250 or f350? Because if you're talking a ranger or F-150 you've got to be out of your mind - or you cut A LOT. ... or maybe you just never get it to flex out on the trail....

·
Registered
49 Posts
umm no i have 34's on mine and they dont rub with just a body lift and ive flexed the hell outta it and ive seen 35s and there barely rub when the wheel is turned all the way or its is flexed out......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts