Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first post here so it might be kinda of long winded. Please bear with me. My son and I are rebuilding a 5.2 Magnum motor that came out of a 98 durango and will be put into his 99 ram 1500. Blocks been machined,bored .030 over and i have the crank already set so thats not an issue. What i need are part numbers and vendors for A) a cam a step or so over stock that can be used with stock springs,pushrods and the like, B) The timing chain/sprocket set that can be used with said cam and C) the alignment yokes for the roller lifters. This is the first time since i was a kid rebuilding an engine and with all this computerized emissions crap,i'm kinda in the dark. I drive myself nuts trying to look for parts. The heads have not been worked and will not be,as he is on a limited budget. He wants a basically stock motor with a roller cam that will give it just a hair more performance wise. we will be using the stock intake but he will be throwing headers on it. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated and help me get this motor out of my kitchen faster lol. Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
i bought all my stuff from hughes engines back when i built mine. its a little more money but they know what they are doing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts