Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think with my tax return money im finally gonna get rid of these 4.11's and put in some 5.13's. I have thought about 4.88's and 5.13's, the only thing I worry about is my top speed with a set of 33's or 35's, I like to run a small tire on the way up to Lima Ohio(11 hour drive) Any info on cheapest prices for these gears or best service would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Do you want 5.13's for sure? I can get you a price, just give me a day. Master install kits as well? I highly suggest these...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i'll need the install kits too. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
did you get my e-mail?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes thanks, I am also worried that I may need a new carrier for the 70, im not sure that the 70 will support the new 5.13 ring gear, if new carrier's are required, id rather go with the 4.88's.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I HAD PLANNED ON 5.13:1 (DANA/SPICER) GEARS. THE GEARS I ENDED UP WITH WERE 5.38:1. I ALSO JUMPED ONE CARRIER SIZE, I HAVE 5:38.1 GEAR RATIO, LOCKERS FRONT AND BACK, DANA 44's IN MY 1974 JEEP J10 "NSTAG8R" AND RUN 39.5 SWAMPERS. THIS PAST SAT. I DROVE TO GULFPORT TO RUN WITH THE ONE TON CROWD. ON THE INTERSTATE, 55 MILES AN HOUR 2400 RPM, NICE RIDE, FUEL CONSUMPTION WAS STEEP, BUT THE MOTOR IS NOT STOCK EITHER.

THE CARRIER SPLIT ON A 70 IS 4.56(THE SAME AS A 60), SO ANY CHANGES YOU MAKE ABOVE THE CURRENT 4.11's WILL FORCE YOU TO BUY A CARRIER.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well doesnt that suck for me, I guess i'll need a pair of new carriers then. Thanks for the info. Im gonna get a price on that stuff right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts