Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to see a pic of the area between the master cylinder and fender, from the Power distribution center (fuse box) back to the firewall, but on a Truck with the Off-Road package.

You folks don't have ABS... I don't want my RWAL (at least some of the year, anyway).

So I'm trying to figure out how it's done.

I may just remove ABS, or I may trick the unit into thinking that I'm always in 4WD, and just letting the system keep itself disabled.

Also, if you could get the part number off the controller, if you have one, that would be wonderful.

Thanks,

·
Registered
20 Posts
Woody,
I have a 2001 off road,and it has antilock
brakes (RWAL)its standard equipment,and its probably the same as yours,since your post says (RWAL) unless you have the optional 4
wheel antilock system,which i don't think is an option with the off road package.

·
Registered
502 Posts
My truck has the rear wheel anti lock. That is standard. You can not get 4 wheel on the Off-Road. I am not sure about the other 4x4's

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting, as the Off-Road package was supposed to contain a RWAL Delete. You could add ABS back in, if you wanted.

Hmm.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JimmyP and Bill_L, can you guys post the part number on the RWAL/ABS controller that you have?

It's the black-box between the mess of valves and the firewall on the front-driver's fender.

Thanks,

·
Registered
20 Posts
Woody,

The numbers on my (RWAL)controller reads as
follows,this is the number directly under the
bar code C1HAHGG,then their is a number under that which is 13451521-D.

Where have you heard that the anti-lock option could be deleted from the off road package?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts