Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never worked on the front end of a 4x4 before. I need some instructions on replaceing the front hubs. Being my first time should I pay someone to do it and watch or is it relitivly easy. The hubs that are in it are not part time. Any help would be cool.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
its an 87 shortwide...duhh, hey what is a an 87 shortwide?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Its real simple. I just put new hubs on my 86 K10. The warn hubs I put on came with instructions. Just make sure you get every thing that goes with the old hubs off

·
Registered
4 Posts
To replace them just remove the retaining bolts, 6 or 5 I think. Pull the outer hub off. There is a large ring that fits inside of the big outer hub, remove it. There is also a snap ring that fits on the end of the axle, remove it also. Place two of the old retaining bolts into the inner hub and pull it out and throw that garbage AWAY! Install the new hub a$$embly, replace the large O clip to hold the inner hub in place, do not replace the axle clip, I tried this and it destroyed the outer hub. Put on the outer hub and install the bolts/screws and tighten them down. This isn't exact but it's pretty close. I'm pretty sure someone can add to this Good Luck :bigthumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts