Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we were playing in some drilling mud when disaster struck. My truck dug/sunk to where you couldn't see any of the tire on the left side and about an inch of the tire on the right side. No doors could be opened. They were in the mud. I run 35inch
Boggers.

We had 4 tractors out there and aboout 8 trucks.

We tore my push bar off the front of the truck, then came the whole front bumber that tore off, when the bumper tore off it messed my front fenders up bad! Then we hooked on to the back of the truck. Then we tore the whole reciever hitch off, the rear bumper is bent bad but it didn't fall off.

We hooked on to the front again. We hooked on to the shackles and it finlly budged! THANK GOD!

Best news my cousin was the person who stuck my truck so he sayed he will pay for the damage.

I have video tape of it.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Just a tip, bring a shovel with you and dig out as much as you can. i found that out the hard way. i was not as bad as you were but close. unless you did that, in which case all i can say is "WOW". at least you got it out though.

·
Registered
537 Posts
You guys should try a 2X4. I had the closest call today, because I went on this trail full of mud, and when I got to a point, the front end, and back slid down the hill even with my tires locked. I was almost stuck for a minute or two, but luckily swung the back end around hard enough to get out of there. Although the whole ride back to the street my truck went sideways, because the back end kept sliding down again. I'll never off-road my 2X4 again without a 4X4 to back me up.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
i have tried 2x4. my truck doesnt run 4x4 full time. a lot of times i just leave it in 2x4 to have some fun. then i go 4x4 and really rip it up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HaWiiLuVeR we had shovels. They didn't work! The mud was like soup. When I shoveled the mud new mud came in its place.

That drilling mud has a oily smell also. I cleaned out my brakes today. My cousin bought me a fender that was all ready painted the color of my truck WOOHOO! We are going to make pipe bumpers front and rear.

I don't know where to start in the interior.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts