Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well 4 wheel parts finally got my skyjacker dual steering stabilizer in, almost a month after i ordered it. has anybody installed these before? is it hard? im going to do it tommorow with my driveshaft. can one person do it? and how long does it take? thanks guys. oh, btw, its a ford bronco.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
alright dont know a ton on this but ill put in what i think i know. i watched guys put a dual set up on my friends dodge and their was one putting em on and one guy in the cab so when he fastened the bolts the guy in the cab made sure the wheel was straight. it didnt look hard at all to put on

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the diretions look pretty simple, and not a whole lot of hardware to put on. hey mr muffin, wanna put it on this weekend?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Ill be doing my dual stabilizer install Thursday as well, and no it will be easy and no prob for a one man show.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
The only thing I recommend is that you turn the wheels to full lock in one direction and mount the first stabilizer so it is near fully extended, then turn to full lock the other way and make sure the stabilizer is not fully compressed and limiting turning. Then repeat for the other one (if inline dual and not stacked)

My cousin put his new Rancho one on and did not do the above and ended up loosing over 1/2 turn left until fixed it.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
dave, if you want help, me and rawkon are willing to help you. ive got a welder if you wanna do it that way, or we could drill. let me know, ive got plenty of room at my shop.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I might go to big bear this weekend to do a little work on the powerwagon.
so if anyone wants to do some off roading ill be up there in my 2x4

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, that would be great. i wrok from 3:30 pm to midnight during the week but im off every weekend. so let me know when your free. and since ive never done this before, i dont exactly wanna screw it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts