Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`m sick of driving my Dodge all stock. It needs a more aggressive look to it. I`ve been lurking and learning for a little while. So I somewhat of an idea of how I want to lift it. Since the truck will rarely be wheeled with I will probably order a 2" body lift and 2" coil spacers.

With a 4" lift in the front and 2" in the rear of my 2500 what tire size would fit the truck well. I don`t neccessarily want the biggest tire I can fit, just something that won`t rub during everyday driving

·
Registered
807 Posts
a 3/4 ton with 4 inches of lift in front you would need at least 33X12.50's to make it look good. i would go with 35X12.50's though. they should clear fine. if your not gonna wheel alot then get a good A/T tire. either pro-comp, goodyear or something like that on a 16X10 inch wheel. thats just what i would do.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Get what I got. The Goodyear Wrangler AT/S. They are a great highway tire, and they do ok on dirt roads. I don't know how they would look at 35" so if you don't mind a little noise, get the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R. One of these:

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
i would go with at least a 35" tire with 4" of lift on the 2500...anything less wouldn't look right.

the pics above that rambrdr posted are:
#1 Good Year MT/R
#2 Good Year AT/S

i myself have the MT/R's and they are awesome tires, but if you won't do much wheeling, the AT/S would be the way to go!

·
Registered
88 Posts
You could fit 33's stock easily so you would definately want at least a 35 to 36 inch tire with that much lift. I'd just go with the 2.5 inch suspension lift and a set of BF Goodrich A/T KO 315/75r16.

·
Registered
88 Posts
And ya probably got to get a new set of wheels so your new tires don't rub on your control arms

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Sorry to let you in on this Rambrdr BUT AT/S SUCK!!!!!!!!!!! If you want a good A/T tire get a BFG A/T I have had my A/T's now for 30,000 mile and I am no where near half tread yet. They also do better in sand. If you want a more extreme tire get a Goodyear MT/R, BFG MUD K/M, or a Pro Comp X-terrain. As far as lifts for a 2500 4x4 are concerned you can run 35's with a 2.5" lift ( I did that). 35's on a 4.5" Skyjacker are on the edge of being too small ( but still look good). You can run a 36x14.50 with a 4.5" Skyjacker on a 16x9.75 rim with no rub.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
also for more of what the subject was about, personality, in my opinion my truck has personality with the big light bar across the top, and the ram bar in the front holding a total of 6 lights between the two of them. also for more "personality" you cant go wrong with maybe a windshield decal or even some nice custom body graphics, and if you already havent done so try to add a little more growl in your exhaust maybe something like true duals or even something wild, radical and kind of ugly, side stacks good luck with the mods
-Josh

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Hey check out procomp tires. If your gonna be doing light off roading then i would recomend all terrains. If you want a bad ass look and you think your gonna be doin lots of mud, sand, or 4x4 trails then go with a Mud terrain.
Dual exhaust always sounds and looks good.
A BIG PAVEMENTSUCKS STICKER on the back of the window.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Love my BFG AT's only complaint is that they don't clear mud real good but great on highway and most off roading :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replys everyone. I should have mentioned that the truck will not be daily driven. So I wouldn`t mind going with an aggressive/noisy tire. I had my heart set on superswamper TSL`s but I fear that they will be extremely noisy. Those goodyear MT`s look good is there any other compareable tires that you might recomend.

I want to go the cheap way out with the lift so I stay within my budget if I decied to change gear ratios. Dual exhaust it a must have and a pavement sucks banner would be nice. Were can I get one.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Those are M/TR's not M/T's. Get ready to empty your wallet they are more expensive than BFG's but a good tire from what I hear. A comparable tire would be a Procomp X terrain or BFG Mud K/M but they are more aggresive.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Fastrk, depending on where you live check out Les Schwab Wild Country either TXR's or RVT M/T's they are both excellent tires. I have owned three sets of Wild country's and have had zero problems with them and the more aggresive ones do pretty good with mud. But aren't too noisy on the road. But Les Schwab is only in the western states so it depends on where you live.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Like somebody else said, the truck will clear 33's stock, with the skyjacker 2.5" coils it clears 35's, another 2" body(I'd go 3") would clear 36's, look into the swamper radials, they are supposed to be quieter and last longer than the regular TSL's.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have spacers on my 2500 and 35" BFG mud terrains. They look great and dont rub unless I hit a curb fast while turning, even then they barely rub. You should go with 35's or bigger. If you don't mind some noise and wear go with the swampers they will look awesome. If you want tires that are a bit quieter and last longer go with BFG mud-terrains.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
i cleared 33's stock. i put a 2" daystar on and now my 33's look too small. i dont know about 36's, but i know i can do 35's. i really havent found anything yet that has limited me, other than stinkin mud. i hate bfg at's in mud, THEY SUCK. go with the daystars and 35's id say.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts