Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
hey mr. muffin,

looks great!...maybe you can help me. I have a 96 2wd ram with a fabtech 3" lift and am in the process of adding the 3.5" lift spindles for 6.5" total. I called fabtech today to ask if them if I can run a 35 x 12.50/16 tire and he said "no problem with a 16 x 8 wheel. I said what about a 16 x 10 wheel? he said he wasn't sure! do you know if a 16 x 10" wheel with 35's fit?

Thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
okay, now I have to figure out which way to go.....16 x 8 with 35's. 16 x 10 with 35's and do some trimming/or add body lift....what do you think about 16 X 10 with 33's. Think that will look okay?

Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just put 4:10 gears in about 6 months ago which work well with 33"....If I go 35's i'll probably have to go 4:56 gears. I'm pretty sure that fabtech truck has 16 x 8 wheels.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ha! Muffin..., if anyone looks at your pictures page, they will clearly see it's not a street queen....
By the way, what's the deal with the pallets? What are they for?
JB

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey Kevin,

Just wanted to thank you for your info. I went with the 35/12.50/15 Procomp ATs mounted on 15 x 8 Weld Sidewinders. Just waiting for the spindles to come in...should be sometime next week. I'll post pics when its all done.

Thanks again,

Steve

·
Registered
362 Posts
No I dont know much about you two wheel drive boys, but I have to say the truck pretty sweet. Any way you asked about 35's on 10's or on 8's. Have a 2000 4x4 and I run 315/75/16's on 16x8's with 4.5in backspace, this is the perfect combo in my openion because I can stuff a tire and not rub squat, nothing not even plastic. Now I know I'm taller than you since i'm 4x4 and I do use mine offraod. While not for crawling rocks I do hunt alot and this takes my through many ditches, ruts, etc... I had a buddy that had a 98 4x4 with 5in lift he had swampers 35/15/15's on a 15x12 now he never tuched dirt and he only scrubbed while in full lock turns. you might be able do run a 15x10 with no prob. Any way im babling now, if you run a 15x8 with 4.5in back space you will stay cleaner and have no worries abot scrubbing and it will look pretty in my openion since it doesnt stickl out a mile from the fender. Ill have pics soon Im just waiting to put my steps and brush guard back on, I got a little lazy and havent fabed my brackets yet to mount them with.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Mr. Muffin, your truck looks huge, and id like to know how much ground clearence in the front(on the lower A-arms, and in the center) That IS the best lookin 4x2 I think ive ever seen. Good job. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Truck looks great, finaly a 2wd Ram that dwarfs my 2wd ram. We need to take your truck in the mud.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/rawkon668

1 - 14 of 14 Posts