Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out today with a buddy of mine who drives a '99 bowtie that's bone stock except for Mickey Thompson Radial Claws and a stupid looking 3" body lift. So you can imagine how embarased I was when he had to pull me out after my right front found a 4' deep hole that wasnt there the last time I went out! My truck lunged forward and down until the axle tube was resting on the "bottom" of the mud and on the edge of the mysterious hole. Well, at least I know that my tow hooks work!:p

·
Registered
277 Posts
How does your buddy like those radial clawz? I think im going to go with those next on my yota. I really havent heard anything bad about them and would appreciate the advice.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
hmmm.. never tried those tires...
I have 40x17x16.5 ground hawgs now...
but my 33" firestone at 23degree mud tread tires rocked...and got 85k miles out of them....

·
Registered
277 Posts
I took the Yota out in the mud this July 4th for the first time and broke in the Uniroyal Laredo MT's. They did aight, but im looking foward to the claws making an appearence on my truck. Alot of people here in North Carolina are big on Laredos because they are decent in the mud and you get alot of miles out of them. Any of yall ever had any or heard of any trouble out of em?

·
Registered
969 Posts
The Radial clawz have a sidebitter that doesn't extend down as much as the regular baja clawz and they also have a tighter tread. A good tire all around but not worth the price.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have heard the same complaints from some people about the Radial Claws. I have the bias claws and I think they are great. They cleaned real good and seemd to find traction wherever they went.

·
Registered
969 Posts
How did they do in the mud as far as flotation and steering?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I loved them. I have had BFG Mud Terrains before and to me these seemed to grab even better. If there was anything for them to get a hold of they did and I had no problems with control.

Oh and the story behind that photo was that the tractor was buried and i do mean buried. It took two trucks and a winch to get him out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts