Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for a place to mount my transmission temp gauge. can i mount it in the center of the airbag control module cover – just the right side of my transfer case shift lever? is it just the module under the cover? i am having a hard time understanding where my passenger side airbag deploys from. i saw a pic on one of the web pages where a guy had the gauge mounted there. thoughts...

·
Registered
472 Posts
you can buy a new "A" pillar that comes with a 2& 1/16" hole ready for a 2 or 3 guages or just a 6-8" cover pc that will go over the "A" pillar--if your interested in that location let me know and I'll get you some info---chris

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i have seen pics of the "a" pillar covers with the 2 gauge set-up. its just not "OEM" enough for me. i was also concerned about it not being a solid mount to my stcok pillar cover and rattling around... i did not know that i could get a new pillar cover (not just a cover that covers the cover). i would go with this. do you have any info???

·
Registered
472 Posts
http://www.xtremediesel.com call Brandon Fenley tell him I sent you--

http://www.genosgarage.com look under the diesel page to see the guage pods---I'm sure they'll work on the gassers--call them and ask 'em---you can buy your interior paint color and paint the new "A" pillar---youi will either need to put in two small screws to hold in place or you can cut off you clips on your stock "A" pillar and epoxy them on the new one--chris

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
csutton7, thanks for the hook up. i talked to robin at geno's garage - she emailed me a set of the instructions. the pod cover replaces the OEM cover (it does not just mount on top of it). it looks good. i wish it came in my OEM grey. anyway, good info. i think i may go with it... if anyone wants the instructions she sent, send me a email. i know it is an easy install - the instructions will just give you a better idea of the product.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
MCCOMAS did you check your e-mail? I basically wrote that you can see a picture of the pillar mount in my truck under rides. I mounted a dual, housing a tranny temp and oil temp guage.

Later...
Troy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts