Off Road Vehicles banner

8681 - 8700 of 8733 Posts

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I forgot about this thread. I have never gotten off nights. Been a long 8 years every night here. Now I have some free time to kill over the next month.

Plant is shutting down. Gotta find a new job, maybe a dayshift one this time around.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Can always moved to WI like I did. We are hiring like crazy here lately at the powerplant. Think right now we have 5 vacancies in OPS, possibly more coming up. 15 days off in a row per month is a nice perk as well. Though starting / entry level pay is only $57k.

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
Im still around as well. Sold a few toys, bought some land, newer dodge diesel, and trying to sell my current house, to build a bigger one!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Pics of new truck Matt?

·
Registered
209 Posts
As I Drove By:

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
guess this thread finally died....no one to BS about

·
Registered
209 Posts
http://safeshare.tv/w/kLlmcNCGBk

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Tango said:
The answer to that is ... Who wants to post on a thread infected by shatto?
is that like ebola or more like a venereal thing? :blowup:

I ended up putting ALL of my collected Ram and military parts up for sale recently, don't think I've posted them here yet, but hate having to let it all go. Tried to go wheeling 2 weekends ago and my back was bad for nearly a week after. I just can't go any have fun anymore unless I dump some money in safety: install the suspension seats I have w/ harnesses, build a safety cage, and add some rocker guards I can use to step into. That and actually trying to make the suspension a little softer would be a good start! So, after a lot of thinking, I'm going to let it all go and try to get an ATV/UTV, maybe a nice little SUV with good mileage to gather groceries, a better riding lawnmower and hopefully try and build something in a few years when my wallet can afford it and my daughter is old enough to hold a wrench for me! So, hit me up if there is anything in my build thread you wanted!

Anyone else getting screwed by this Obama can't buy a house anymore crap rules??? I've never had a bank make me work so hard for a loan on a 250K house in my life! I mean my wife is a doctor and makes decent money if you ignore the student loans, but still plenty to cover a mortgage this size, but nooooooo......her credit is a few points below the "minimum" and the bank has to "protect me from myself..." f-ers. I mean seriously, FML. You wonder why so many people are poor, it's because they have to go to a crappy bank that charges you a huge interest rate because your credit is low and now you're spending twice as much on a house/place than you want but have no choice!!!! Grrr... Ok, rant over.

Just need a win. Any kind of win. Tired of all the bad news. Add on having to put down our 25 yr old quarterhorse that my wife rode as a kid because of a twisted gut and that bottle starts looking awful tasty! Ugh.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
LOL

A Jeep is cheeper than alot of those UTV's, or a sami if you can find one.

The housing market has messed up millions of people, your not alone.

We've been looking at some jeeps lately. I was disappointed that the new fiat diesel got some bad reviews, it's going in the wrangler soon. I've got the merc. diesel in a Jeep-WK but even that has some issues.

·
Administrator
9,227 Posts
that UTVs are stupid $$ for what you get. then you still need to spend a ton of money to make them really fun.

·
Registered
209 Posts
On the Surface:
The punishment, Forty Niner Aldon Smith received
demonstrates and illustrates that it is worse to possess a gun
than it is to beat a woman or use drugs.

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
I agree that the UTVs are terribly expensive compared to a Jeep or another smaller 4x4, but a Jeep isn't small enough for what I'm talking about doing. A UTV on our ranch, used loosely since we're hoping to have this 2.5 acre place purchased, would allow me to haul wood, pull a tow behind mower, bring hay bales out to horses, drive down to the lake to fish, run to neighbors houses without getting into another vehicle and I could bring it along in the trailer when we go to horse shows, etc to run between the trailer/living quarters and the arenas. I'd love to build my own, but don't recall ever really seeing anyone else do this, which makes me wonder if there is something I'm missing.

I'm also looking for a small SUV to make my grocery getter because the Honda Fit I'm currently driving is too small and is incredibly difficult to get my kid into her rear-facing seat. Can't imagine how much more difficult it will get as she gets bigger! The nice thing is this car is small, gets 30mpg regularly, is comfortable enough and is cheap to maintain....can I find a little SUV that can do most of that? A crossover? A 4 door sedan? I'd love a little diesel, but seems like VW has some of the better version, just major $$$$.

Good news is I think we are moving forward on getting the house. Working with a Regions Bank rep out of the east somewhere like North or South Carolina, weird, but working out!

·
Registered
209 Posts

https://scontent-2.2914.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/13995_910615068998623_5963512512044163340_n.jpg?oh=b479992927229b582b3c7868f3aee6ae&oe=551831BE

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
What's up Matt?

8681 - 8700 of 8733 Posts