Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which chip would be the best to purchase to produce the most smoke. I no all smoke is, is unburnt fuel but I just wanna get some clouds comin out of the stacks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
In the profile you have an 03 which is the HPCR motor. The most aggresive box is the TST Powermax CR, but this box has 2 versions and ,you have to call to have it flashed, there is one for twins and a regular version. The twin version will smoke more because it injects more fuel at a lower boost pressure by changing puls duration and timing. If you get this box I would advise not to go over a total of 6 on the settings( there are 9hp and 9trq settings) unless you get a bigger turbo.

My dad has an 03 with the "twin version" and when he got it put it up to 6x6 thinking you cant go above this, revved er up dumping the clutch in 3rd gear and the truck was dumping black smoke. Farther down the road the stock turbo blew at 40+psi because it climed so fast along with egts.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Yeah be careful with the TST, you'll blow up a stock truck fast.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you really want a lot of smoke you can stack the TST with the TS Ramifier pressure box. It is the most aggresive pressure box and some say if you were to use it in a stack you can have the box reflashed so it doesnt fuel at such a low boost pressure because of the amount of smoke. You can also have it flashed to ramp up the pressure to 30,000psi in the rail. We have this box with the TST but have not done the stack yet because the twins have not arrived yet :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
:withstupid: a friend of mine ran 2 TST "turbo killer" boxes on his 2003 common rail and it did just that, kill his turbo, along with 2 other stock ones, 1 aftermarket 1, 1 scheid and they finally got a scheid one to work. oh by the way, nice avatar, he dont live to far from me.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2003 CTD H.O 555ftlbs

·
Registered
532 Posts
All my friends that have used the tst chips have had trouble with them...but they do run good when you get em dialed in

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
TST had a ecall on most of there boxes cause they was burning chargers up, they took them back and fixed them to where they come on at like 1800 rpms or something so it dont smoke the tranny on take off and overboost the charger.

·
Registered
67 Posts
What they did is changed the original version which was blowing turbos to start fueling hard at a higher boost level. Thats why you now have to order a special "twins version" if you want the original more aggressive one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
What they did is changed the original version which was blowing turbos to start fueling hard at a higher boost level. Thats why you now have to order a special "twins version" if you want the original more aggressive one.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Which chip would be the best to purchase to produce the most smoke. I no all smoke is, is unburnt fuel but I just wanna get some clouds comin out of the stacks.

I would worry about it running good before i'd would about smoke.:slap:, On these comon rail motors, big chips like TST and Crazy lary, Are Way too much for a stock truck! If you run these kind, you need to defently upgrade tranny, exhaust, turbo, & fuel system!! Pulling big load's with our 05' I can hit 1500-1600 EGT's easy, Even when i put it down to stock. When it's on its high setting, i've hit 1690egt, :wall: Thats just with a 130hp chip!! Imagine what would happen with a big chip!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts