Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put this post on Fritz's ram site a while back. I am curious how many miles everyone has on thier Mopar engines, and what if any problems they have had. Thank you for the replies everyone.

Mike

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just about to turn 70,000. No problems other than normal maintenance. Where in Wa. are you? Didn't think the first post went through so I redid my reply. Yakima, good to see another Washingtonian here.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What part of Washington are you from? Mine just rolled 100K, so I was curious how much more to expect form her :):

·
Registered
923 Posts
No motor problems for me, just hit 72,000 and had to replace a fuel pump, I was hoping to get 100k out of it but oh well. Be ready for that one.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I think Al bundy has the all time record on his dodge 1 Million miles!!!! thats if anyone has ever seen Married with Children

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
96, 160k. the only problem i have ever had with the engine is the overheating fit i am going threw. i think i have a cracked head. no worry: take appart, find problem and upgrade.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I have 105K on my beast and the only problem is when I go to the sierras it bogs down and one time blew the intake gasket. still bogs down need to figure it out

·
Registered
482 Posts
130,000+. No engine problems. 4th transmission and 2nd rearend.

4.56 gears front and rear w/ trac loc in front

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
130,000 on mine. Exhaust mainfold cracked, coil was not dead but out of spec, i think the timing chain is loose (stretched). Other than that, no prolems at all.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have 116,000 on the body, but only about 60,000 on motor and transmission. No problems at all besides a leaky seal on the pitman. The guy who owned it before me put the motor and trans. in because he just wanted to upgrade from a 318 to a 360 and get the better transmission. I have no complaints.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
if you follow the maitenance schedule, you shouldn't have any major problems, just the usual wear and tear repairs...

·
Registered
969 Posts
A 96 Ram with 176,000 miles!! I know its alot but about 100,000 of it is highway. So far the engine and tranny haven't been touched!

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
I got a 99 Dakota with 69,000 hard miles on it. All i have had replaced was the transmission but the dealer covered it. It was caused because i gave it to much hell but other than that no more problems.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts