Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a mopar performance computer installed in my truck and all I have to say is it made a big difference. My truck has the factory 3.55 gears with 36" swmapers so the throttle response was very sluggish. Even with the crappy gears the performance computer really helped my acceleration. I can now easily pass cars on the highway and can squeal the swampers on take off. The only downside is the computer only works with premium gas. However the computer does have better fuel efficiency than the factory unit. It cost me $350 but it was well worth it, supposedly 30-40 extra hp.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I've managed to chirp my 315/75R16s (34.5" or so), from a stand-still, without using the brakes to hold the truck still, but only once or twice.

5.9L (stock) with 3.92 gears.

The MPC's performance gains are nearly random. Some people gets goobs of power, others only a little more. Same with mileage. Some gain, some lose, some don't change.

:shrug:

·
Registered
86 Posts
i can just barely chirp my 31" pro comp at's with a 5.2, k&n gen II and a maganflow exhaust, i should get one of those computers!

·
Registered
807 Posts
when i had the stock tires on my off-road with the factory 4:10 gears i could roast them w/o using the brake untill the truck was in a cloud of smoke. i havent tried it with the 33 inch m/t's because im trying to make these last a while longer.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tires squawk, I'm not making a bunch of smoke but if you install this computer you will DEFINITELY feel a difference in acceleration. I can feeel it even with 3.55 gears. I dont real burn the swampers cause I want to make them last obviously. They squawk, they dont smolder.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
It's kind of interesting watching a 35" tall tire smoke. Mine does it too and then again I would rather they not considering how much they cost...occasionally though, it annoys the little rice burners. I can do it now without applying the brakes, but when you do...it's really interesting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts