Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took out my Jet stage 2 chip and installed my new Mopar PCM. Big difference incase anyone wants to know. I can actually tell there is a big noticable difference unlike the Jet. The only real noticable difference was my shift points with the Jet. I wish I would have went with the Mopar computer from the start.

PS don't ask about buying my old Jet chip. It's already sold.(sucker)lol

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yeah he mopar pcm is available from the dealer and some aftermarket suppliers. Its definitely the best pcm upgrade for dodge. I think they were talking about discontinuing it cause of emissons.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got it at http://www.mydodgeparts.com 300.00 for a 98. That's about 60.00-100.00 cheaper than I found it anywhere else. You need to take your truck to the dealer to have them flash in your vin and mileage after you install it.

·
Registered
969 Posts
300 eh? I got mine for 350 from the dealer which was a suprise. Whats good about this pcm is as far as diagnostic trouble codes and open and closed loop it will act just like the factory pcm.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
i had gotten a quote from kollerparts.com for $295.55+shipping(and im sure sales tax since im in illinois). that price was for a 1999 ram 318 auto 4x4. r/t heads are around $650 a pair.

Thank you for your online parts request. The part you are looking for is part#P5007094 CONTROLLER and the Chrysler Suggested List Price is $436.00 . The Koller Dodge Internet Online Special Price is $295.55 plus shipping & handling.
If you would like to purchase this part, please fill out the Secure Online Order Form Completely. . Sincerely, KOLLER DODGE PARTS DEPT.
e-mail address: [email protected]

NEW FEATURE: CHRYSLER/DODGE/JEEP/PLYMOUTH ONLINE PARTS CATALOG now available at http://www.KOLLERDODGE.COM and then click the "PARTS" button and look up your own parts on at your own convenience!

BEST KEPT SECRET: When you place an online parts credit card order with Koller Dodge Parts Dept. you receive a great price on parts. (15% over Chrysler's Dealer Net Price) PLEASE DON'T KEEP IT A SECRET, SHARE THE MONEY SAVINGS WITH FRIENDS!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was wondering if you had a before/after comparison of your 0-60mph time and also your quarter mile time? How about mileage, notice any difference?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Anybody know if they make a Performance PCM for the 2000's with a 360ci yet? Woody, I am sure that you are looking at that as well...I have been told that this is the biggest bang-for-the-buck upgrade without major modifications to the engine compartment. I really don't care much about the motor being fast, but shift points and good low end torque numbers are what interests me, as I offroad, not race. Need good torque for climbing and such (and pulling the occasional Ford, Chevy, Jeep or Toyota out of a stuck) :wink:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
With the mopar pcm are you supposed to run 93 octane like the jet chip likes, and also, will the 180 degree t-stat help the mopar pcm too?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I know for sure that you are supposed to run 93 octane (or 92, basically the highest you can get) or the computer will not help out. I am curious about the 180 degree thermostat as well. I am asking the same question...do I want to install a 180 degree thermostat? What benefit/gains would I get from one of these?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
thanks stevo on the octane answer, hey, I installed the 180 t-stat, and my truck seems to run better under warn conditions, before it felt good when it was cool and would lag after heating up, now it stays cooler and seems to run better.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
see.....<!-- BBCode u1 Start -->http://www.pavementsucks.com/tech/tstat.cgi" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u1 End -->
and yes napa does carry it, thats where i got my parts from, about 7 or 8 bucks i think.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
the 180 degree t/stat is supposed to offset any pinging you might have with the M.P. pcm. just by keeping it that extra 15 degrees cooler. KRC offers a M.P. pcm for 2000's, or you can send yours in to kenne bell and have them reflash/calibrate or whatever you would like to call it. kenne bell is $349 with return overnight included.

·
Registered
86 Posts
there is a mopar pcm for 2000's it is listed for 2wd but people have used it in 4x4's with no problems what so ever. i have no idea why its only for 2wd. dont send your pcm to kenne bell, they only have a program for some trucks, it depends on your build date and vin, if you want a custom flash BG chrysler in michigan i here is the only way to go, i here they can drop 1.2 seconds off 0-60 times and its supposed to be better then the mopar pcm. they set it up by the mods you have on your truck. i am sending mine out tomorrow to them, and should have it back in 2 days, i'll let you know. i ahve a 2001 so this is my last hope from the "deathflash"

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Bigtruckin, let me know for sure. I have a 2001 as well and will be very interested in your results. I have been looking all over for a PCM for the 2001's.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
i am also very interested in this bg chrysler because they dont make anything for the v10 after 96. do you have a phone number for them?

·
Registered
86 Posts
the number for BG chrysler is 586-758-2003 ask for dave, i havent heard anybody ask about the v10 but he might. They have a website bgchrysler.com . on another chat board dodgetrucksorg, they called dave and are getting a group buy, its costing $500 as compared to an original of over 600 and mike leach 650. the only bad thing is if you ever take it back to the dealer you must tell them NOT TO FLASH THE COMPUTER, because it will wipe out the custom program.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts