Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can feel that spring is on the way, the snow is melting. anyone in Michigan know of any decent trails. preferably in West Michigan area? I'm just getting into this off roading fun, so I don't know of any good areas to see what my truck can do!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Harrison is about an hour north of Lansing. There is quite a few trails. There only as difficult as you make them. There is hills to climb and streams to cross. It just depends on you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i grew up in newaygo county....there is a lot of mud around there....currently i live in allegan county and i guess there are lots of trails here also

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
On 2002-03-13 13:44, JHoek wrote:
I can feel that spring is on the way, the snow is melting. anyone in Michigan know of any decent trails. preferably in West Michigan area? I'm just getting into this off roading fun, so I don't know of any good areas to see what my truck can do!

Silver Lake :bigthumb:

·
Registered
381 Posts
I know it is a long way to go but the Upper Peninsula has a more trails than you could ever need. Most are old logging roads that are overgrown to different degrees. Fresh logging trails have more mud and obsticals (misc. tree parts) and others are just more like a Sunday drive.

Also the motels are fairly cheep. Some are $40. per night in Marquette.

I'm will freely admit to being biassed towards the U.P. but I was born and raised there.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I want to make a trip up to the UP and hit some trails up there sometime this decade. Would like to do it this summer, but it's doubtful. :blueevil:

·
Registered
729 Posts
I grew up in Grand Rapids, and went to College in East Lansing.

I've been to Silver Lake about 4 times, and miss it now that i'm in Texas.

If you've never been there before it's a must, it's a lot of fun. It's a ton of fun Memorial Weekend, 4th of July weekend, and Labor Day weekend. Those are all the times i've been there, off holiday may be fun too :):

·
Registered
175 Posts
[/quote]
Silver Lake :bigthumb:

[/quote]

Maybe a dumb question Super, but did you get to the dunes last weekend? I got there Monday for the first time ever for an hour or so. Had a blast. The wife and I will definitely be back. At least now she knows how much I need to do to my truck. :D:

·
Registered
66 Posts
silver lake is so much fun i go up there all the time i take my dirtbike my dad is taking his 2003 f250 super duty fx4 up there for the first time this friday i will try to get pics.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Drummond Island (in the u.p.) has quite a bit to offer

1 - 15 of 15 Posts