Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
my ex-girlfriend had one it was purple and i tore the rear end out of it one night 4wheelin. but lets not talk about her :wink:

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Hey you have a pictures of the benz in action. What are the stats on that thing

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Nevermind i saw your readers ride that thing is pretty sweet. How doe it do in the mud.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't gotten to get it mud since the V8 swap. Actually, I'm finishing up the swap now. We don't have much mud in Colorado, but I bet with the LT1 it's going to be awesome.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Man, that rig is sweeeeeeeeeet! Where did you find that one?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are actually not too hard to find. I got mine from http://www.keisermotors.com and there are some for sale at http://www.clubgwagen.com as well. I got a 230ge hardtop because it was the least desirable and wouldn't cost as much. It ran me 13k. I'll be well under 30k all done. While a lot of money, it's not far off of what you would have in a TJ with the same features (V8, Altas, 4.9's, ARB's) and it's certainly unique! In stock form you can run 33's with no changes and it's very capable with the lockers and low gears. I just love it.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Thats not a very high price to pay for what your getting. I looked at your specs and that rig looks more than capable. Also when you did find one where did you go to pick it up??

96 Ram 5.2L V8 4" trailmaster suspension lift, Flowmaster Dual exhaust, 36" swamper radials on 16x8 US wheels, 4.56 Gears, Grizzly rollbar 2 KC daylighters, Mopar pcm, K&N cold air intake, bed mounted spare tire carrier with a full size spare

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I drove out to CA to pick mine up. I live in CO so it's a pretty good hike, but I kinda like road trips for stuff like this. A buddy went with me and we camped both ways and had a blast.

You could probably build up a YJ or something to be just as capable for about the same price, but I just love doing something different.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I totally agree, there are so many built up jeeps its almost overkill.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts