Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 off road w/360 seems the last shift is i dunno kinda soft..... just kinda melts into gear is this normal??is your last shift a bit softer then the 1st 2 ...im not in overdrive

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-03-14 11:47, chris 98 ramsport wrote:
i have the same problem with my 98 also 360,the first two shifts are solid but that 3rd sometimes feels like its slipping in.

could maybe something like your not in the "torquey" gears of 1st and 2nd and into gears where hp is taking over. sorta like trying to take off in 3rd on a stick shift.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
come on people chime in on this one .....i neeed to know is this normal shifting??????..before i add my lift and tires and screw my warranty! lol

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Actually, it's partly by design.

When shifting from 2-3, they actually leave 2 engaged for a bit after they engage 3, letting the bands slip some. Yielding a mushy shift.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so this is normal woody?glad to hear that!

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-03-15 13:27, woody wrote:
Actually, it's partly by design.

When shifting from 2-3, they actually leave 2 engaged for a bit after they engage 3, letting the bands slip some. Yielding a mushy shift.

and this slipping in between gears heats up the trans. thats why a shift kit is installed. to clean up the shift and get it into gear as quick as possible.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
mine is from fairbanks. it is a viariable one. you set it to how you want it when it is installed. mine is on medium or firm. it is not the snatch your teeth out drag setting. it is deffinitly noticable, but it is not bad. i tow anything from a juet sky to a 5ton grain wagon, and i would instal another one if i was ever stuck with another damn automatic

1 - 8 of 8 Posts