Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I have been wondering what I can do to my exhaust to make it the loudest it can be. I havent seen or heard any Dakota's in TN that are loud. I know I cant straight pipe it and I am not about to put glasspacks on it. Has anyone heard a Dakota with a loud exhaust system? If so what have they done to it? Any thing would be helpful.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yeah that muffler is awesome, however it is loud so it might draw a little attention from cops.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeah go with the Flowmaster. They kick a$$

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
my brother removed the cat and put a high flow cheap muffler on his 95 with the 318... sounds mean when he gets on it, but not so loud that it attracts the blues.

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would like to remove the cats but my O2 sensor is stuck in the middle of it. I dont know of anyway to get around it without spending $200 for an O2 simulator. But im gonna get some prices for the flowmaster tom. I already have one on the truck and it sounds loud but i want louder. Im not worried about the cops, they can catch me only if they can take their Crown Vics through a few mudholes.

·
Registered
777 Posts
The flowmaster sounds nice, I went with the SUV50 series, it is a nice low rumble, but it will set car alarms off easy. I think you would be better off with the 40 with a dakota though, I have a friend with that, and it sounded nice.

·
Registered
91 Posts
95ramtough, how do you like the SUV50 series, that is the one I am thinking of putting on my wifes Yukon but I have never heard one, I just know she does not want it as loud as the 40 series. But I do want to put something on there that has some growl to it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Flowmaster's website has sound clips of almost every muffler they make. My brother-in-law's bronco has a 50 series, it sounds good but it is alot quieter than the single 40 series on my truck. My truck is pretty loud around town. It sets off car alarms everywhere I go. On the highway, you can hear the exhaust but it is still ok for long trips.

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well my truck is a 1999 and i have the 5.2 318 V8. It sounds nice now but i want it louder. I got some prices and a place near home is gonna run 2 new pipes from the cats out and everything ioncluded (muffler custom bent pipes, and two 3 inch tips) for $200. that sound like a good price?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts