Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i am trying to figure out other things to do to my truck since my dad wont let me lift it much. For sure i want to do something with the exhaust. I have alwys wanted a catback dual rear exit system with some polished tips. I m not sure about this now. Im more leaning toward a louder muffler and then cutting the pipe off behind the muffler. I think if i got a glasspack or turbo muffler it would be plenty loud. I dont just necisarily want lound (even though that is one thing i want) but also sort of a deep tone too, not just really anoying loud. I have heard lots of good and bad about cutting the pipe off behind the muffler and putting on a turn down. This is kinda what i am thinking about. Is it a good idea? It seems like you wouldnt really have to buy a turn down, you could just cut the pipe off where you want to, then heat the end up, then bend it down. Am i right with that? This just seems like the way i could get the best sound for the least amount of money. It wouldnt cost that much to do it, and evewn though the split rear exit with the nice tips look real nice and sound pretty good, just getting a louder muffler would cost alot less and i wouldnt have to worry about dinging the nice tips up off road or breaking tailpipe hanger.

Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you got the money for a lift or whatever then why not go with gutting the converter and then getting a 40 series flowmaster with dual exhaust and the chrome tips comming out the back! Why go with something that will sound nasty and not something that will sound deep and agressive! Think about it all costing less than $250 or you are getting ripped off!

·
Registered
362 Posts
3in looks sweet and on 16x8 4.5 backspace you can run 35's, get a glass pack split to duals, run a computer and a k&n and watch it run. Thats a combo that will turn heads for shure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts