Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1 in and 2 out Flow-Pro mufler, its very inexpensive($35) and small, but it sounds good without being obnoxiously loud and atrracting cops.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
flowmaster 2 chamber. thats your best bet for a loud exhast. some people dont like the sound of the flowmaster, but if you want loud, go flowmaster 2 chamber.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Start with a noisey diesel, then put a flowmaster on. Cut the pipe in front of the rear axle, and put a 6" pipe on it and there you go!! You can hear me for a mile or so.

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
On my 2500 Diesel i took off the muffler and ran a 4 1/2" straight pipe all the way out and it sounds like a Freightliner coming down the road. Not only is it loud, but your sure to get noticed as well!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
This is what im runnin, and all I can say is 3" pipes from cat back, and no muffler. Even with single exhaust its louder than my friends' 2500 Ram with Flowmaster duals on it. Glass packs arent that great on Rams, they are best on Chevys. No, I have not gotten a loud exhaust ticket for years now, I dont think I ever will either. I also passed Ohio E-Check emissions testing. Still not loud enough? Gut the catalyct or just get rid of it all together if you dont have an emissions testing requirement.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I bought the flowmaster american thunder dual pipe rear exit and after a week with a muffler i took it off, noticed an instant increase in throttle response and once i get the two pipes connected w/out that s***ty 50 series muffler i believe i will finally be happy

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm running the same thingas biginuf the Flow-Pro but im sure mine is a bit louder though, the name plate started rusting out underneath so i finished the job and went under there and just puled the name plate off by hand then it got load but it sound fine with it all together.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
if you want loud, go 40 series flowmaster 2 chamber. or if you just want loud as a mofo, run no muffler. also, get a high flow cat, that really got mine to voice up

96 Dodge Ram 1500 360 w/ auto trans. Extras include JBA headers, Mopar R/T heads, K&N filter, Mopar computer, 35,000 lbs trans cooler, shift kit, 3" Skyjacker sysrem, 4.10 gears detriot locker, and 35X12.50 tires on 15X10 rims.
Soon to come 5" skyjacker, Mopat R/T cam.

By The Way, I Cannot Spell, This Is A Fact That I Am Aware Of! Please Over Look Any Misspellings. Thanks

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
Ive been lookin at some of the high-flow cats and i would like to have them except for 1 problem. My O2 sensor is in the middle of my cat and if i take it out to remove it then i get the check engine light on. Anyone know of a highflow cat that lets u keep your O2 sensor in it? What are some of my options that i can do with the O2 sensor and still keep it to where my check ingine light wont come on?

·
Registered
285 Posts
My 40 series flowmaster with a single 3 inch inlet/outlet and 3 inch tail pipe sets off car alarms like no other muffler I have ever used. I get alot of compliments on the quality of the sound. Most people ask if I have duals before realizing that I just have a 3 inch single exhaust.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
i have no idea who made mine, buti have the same O2 setup you do. i bought mine from a monroe muffler place in SC. it was the most least restriictive one they had. there is not a smog test here, so i have no idea if it will be "legel" were you are at.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts