Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know wtf is going on here. My truck has gone through quite a bit of coolant. I filled up the radiator (it was pretty dang low) and resivour(sp) like 3 weeks ago and now there isn't anything left in the res. The engine temp is fine, if anything it's running a little cool, and I'm not noticing any power or mileage differences, so does this put a blown head gasket out of the question? I haven't smelled any coolant and I haven't noticed any fluid puddles or anything.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Join the club dude.. when you figure out whats wrong tell me cuase I'm losing it too... And my exhaust is clean.

MIke.

·
Registered
896 Posts
this may sound silly but have you checked the floor on the passanger side. maybe your heater core took a cr**. if so i guess you have about an inch of coolant on the floor :silly:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah I had a freeze plug go out in the summer. Of course it was the on the back of the block. Nothing like having to drop the tranny for a 70 cent part! Now my heater core is going out! :cuss:

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Do you smell burning antifreeze?

check around the thermostat housing and down the front of the block. Very common leaking area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts