Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1/16" or less of side to side play between the bushing and the bracket at the frame mount end. I could move them with my hand. Should i tighten the bushing bolts until they squeeze in the brackets? Please school me on how the bushings work, dose the sleeve and bushing stay fixed together and move around the bolt or dose the sleeve become fixed to the mount and bolt and the bushing moves around the fixed sleeve or dose the amr ends move around a fixed bushing and sleeve? I know dumb question but thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
I wouldnt tighten the bolts that tight. I would put some large washers in there to take up the slack

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I think the sleeve becomes tight with the mount and the bushing spins around the sleeve and the arm spins around the bushing. But if they are too tight it would probably increase binding. If there is taht much play I agree with King, get washers to take up the slack and torque them to spec. Mine have a hair of gap but I can't move the arm by hand, and there's now obbling or anything on the road but they flex good.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
should the washer I.D. be lager than the sleeve or just bolt size I.D.?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I'd make it the bolt size, and the OD close to the size of the control arm mount, that way it is just like you are shrinking the size of the mount to fit the bushing. If posible, try and put an even amount of washer on both sides, like use 2 thin washers instead of 1 thick one so the control arm is still centered in the mount.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill put them on this weekend before i re-index the t-case. Thanks :bigthumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts