Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I have a odd one here. I pickup a S-250 Military Moblie Communication Shelter. I'm turning it into a camper for when I go out wheeling with my car trailer in tow. Now here is the thing. I'd like to store this at my house to work on it and build the interior to my liking. I need a safe secure way of removing this from my bed with out a large expense. I have forklifts at my job and my grandparents farm, but I would rather not store it down there. Whatever I build I want it moblie in my yard, so if I need it infront of my garage or in my backyard.

My current thought/plan is to build a stout Table, 4x8' with legs as tall as my truck bed floor. As long as I have a anchor point behind it, I should in theory be able to winch/come a long it out onto the table. For loading I have a ATV winch being installed in the bed front to use it to pull it back in.

Other notes, it weighs between 700-800lbs empty and it sits on 4" wide Aluminum Skids that runs the length of the unit.

Let me know yall's thoughts or plans of attack. Remember, Budget Friendly.
Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Why not build a gantry crane type setup that you can pull under and lift the thing on and off?

Something basically like this, but sized to fit...

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=41188

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ease of moving it around the yard and the $$$ doesnt fit. The top of the camper is 10' when loaded

Rick

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Another approach might be to just put some detachable legs on all four corners of it so you can jack them up and pull in and out like they do with normal truck campers.[hr]

Easiest way to move it around is probably gonna be with it loaded in the bed, but getting it in and out of the bed would be the PITA.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought about building something like that but using siccor jacks on the base....but now I have a 800lb unit swaying on top of siccor jacks....I'd be afraid of them buckling,,,

Rick

·
Registered
491 Posts
Helicopter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts