Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a pic of the end of the rebuilt track-bar, after it's installed. Sorry I didn't get a pick before it went on, but the camera and I got into an argument.

<!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://muddyram.pavementsucks.com/Truck/Images/Trackbar/trackbar_end.jpg" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End -->

That extended down collar that's visible (especially if you compare it with your trackbar), contains a metal insert that allows you to adjust the cup that holds the ball-joint by rotating the insert in 45* increments. As you rotate it, it tightens up on threads.

If you wear it out badly, you can just order another rebuild kit, and replace the cup/joint portion with just hand tools.

They claim to check it every 6 months if your "Bajaing out in the desert every weekend".

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
How long did it take? how much work was it?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a rebuilt bar, and didn't do the rebuild myself. Cost was $190 including a $50 core charge that I need to get back (old bar still on my garage floor, covered in grime).

Took me maybe an hour to do the swap.

I can do it now in 15-20 minutes (proved it over the weekend), and you don't need the truck on jack-stands or anything.

My "trick" will be in my write-up I'm doign for Jason.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.