Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my bed Line-Xed for a while now and love it. I saw a truck running around today with the rocker panels done as well. Anyone tried this?? Mess anything up?? Looks tuff as hell.

Matt

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Guy down the street from me has it done on his Superduty and yeah it looks tough. I have my bed Line-X'd and as soon as I get me some flares I'm going to do mine. Black rockers with black flares, will look cool.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Saw a guy do it to his Dakota...did the lower panels and his flares then the lower part of his bumpers. It was a dark green truck with the black coating. It looked pretty good in the pictures. Just a bit leary on if I would want to do it on the bumpers or how it would look after.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called line-x and the guy said he would not do white(my truck is white)cause it turns yellow. I am kinda leary about having black rocker panels on a white truck...

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
do the grey color that dodge uses from the factory. ive always thought that the white trucks with the grey rockers looks really clean.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Lets say you get your rockers sprayed, will it ever come off? is there an easy way to get it off without hurting the paint below?

·
Registered
704 Posts
It needs to be chemically stripped, sandblasted, or ground off. Once it's on say goodbye to the paint below it. If it goes on over paint it should be etched before applied as well, or it won't be on very long.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I had my rockers done on my Black V10, but it was done by Rhino. Worked out excellent, say goodbye to any rock chips and with black on black you had to get close to tell.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I saw a jeep with the whole body line X'd...............not too aerodynamic.................

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
We need pics guys, and ive seen a Bronco at the lima jambo that was line-X in canary yellow...the whole truck. U-G-L-Y.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I also saw a CJ-5 done in a canary yellow, I thought it was sweet, you would never have to worry about the scratches or rust. I had my nerf bars and bed sprayed by Line-X and I love them however while I was there I asked the guy about spraying the rocker panels and he told me that he does not like to do them just because it takes forever to mask everything off. They pretty much have to mask the whole truck, body,tires,windows etc.. because it is pressure sprayed unlike the Rhino from what I have heard. He also said it would cost more to do the rocker panels than the bed.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I am getting them done today. I will try to get a digital picture in the upcoming days. I am getting black and it is costing me about 320. My bed was much more but I got my tool box sprayed at the same time. I am going up to first body line on my sport. I am going to try and convince to spray the bushwackers at the same time.

matt

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I was looking at mine today thinking about doing it also, I would probably go to the first body line also. And if I was gonna do the bushwackers then I think they would need to come off first. I think they probably need to come of reguardless if your gonna spray then or not, just to make sure you get the area behind them.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got the newly line Xed truck back and wuhh. What a difference. You look at it and it just kinda looks very different. The black on the white and all. They did a great job. Sprayed behind the bushwackers, and did the top and side surfaces of my nerf bars as well. Looks great. I gotta get some pictures and post them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts