Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I am 99% likely to be ordering my new truck tomorrow I was wondering what lifts are out there for the 2500s with the diesel in them.
What are the guys on here running and with what size tires?

Thanks.
Bill

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
4.5" Skyjacker will do 36's from what I hear.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jason,
Thanks for the info. Is there a 3 inch of only a 2.5? I am not sure if I want to go that tall after seeing a 1500 with a 5.5 and 36's. Might be a little unusable.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
I have seen 2500s with 2" leveling kits that just rub 35x12.50s on 16.5x9.5 wheels.

There are 2.5" kits for the 2500's.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have a 2" leveling kit with 35"x12.5"x16.5 and it looks good and drives great I drive CA-152 to work which is really windy and it corners pretty good still. I havn't been wheeling in this truck yet but I'm pretty sure the tires will rub a bit. I'm not sure if you going to be wheeling in your $32-40,000 truck but if not the 35" are fine for the street and minor 4-wheeling. My friend runs this same set up and he hasn't had any problems, looks awesome. Not a huge truck, but a nice looking truck. You want to see a picture of mine e-mail me.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking of the 2.5 inch kit with 35x12.50-16's I don't like 16.5's

I plan to do some wheeling and may even enter Mud in your Eye this year. Not sure about that yet. I don't want to make the truck too tall or I may have towing issues.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Why can't you body lift a diesel?

I have a 99 dodge, 24 valve cummins, have a 4 1/2 inch skyjacker, and 35's on it, rides great and still get good mileage.

Nick.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-01-12 03:02, Badboy4453 wrote:
Why can't you body lift a diesel?

I have a 99 dodge, 24 valve cummins, have a 4 1/2 inch skyjacker, and 35's on it, rides great and still get good mileage.

Nick.

i think it has something to do with all the components and radiator location on the actual body, where in a gasser basically the only thing to worry about is the radiator.
maybe also just the size of the motor also.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
on the diesels you have an intercooler for the turbo and i believe that is what preventst the body lift, although i believe that it can still be done. try looking around in this dodge section or on <!-- BBCode u1 Start -->http://dodgeram.org" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u1 End -->. i remember seeing something about it somewhere.

i have the 2" daystars on my truck with 33's and havent had a bit of rubbing at all. and i do not baby this truck one bit! i will be going with another 6" courtesy of Dick Cepek. it clears 38.5's. they also have 3" or so.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Bill,

Check out this website! But I'm not sure if it's compatible with the 2002 2500??? It should be though, because it didn't change much from 2001:

http://www.performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/20-2005.html

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Will the new 7 1/2 inch lift that skyjacker is coming out with fit on the 2500's? More specifically, will it work on the diesel? What a combination, 7 1/2 inches of lift with the diesel pushin it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts